Friday, February 1, 2008

We got a Bentley

Wait sorry, I'm confused, we got a dog and NAMED him Bentley. Had you going for a minute there though huh! He is so tiny and so cute. He is a Yorkie-poo but mostly Yorkie I think. He is 3 years old. So both my dogs are the same age. He only weighs 11lbs! Too cute! He is just the perfect lap dog!









This is what he looked like when we got him. His hair was a little long. After looking into the cost of grooming I thought, if I can cut Brent's hair I can cut a dog's hair. So I did. It really doesnt look that great, but I'm positive it will look better next time! And really he's a dog. I kind of doubt the doggie fashion police are going to come after me! Well this is the result of his hair cut.










Like I said not the greatest but I dont think it looks SO horrible. Isn't he cute here?! Smiling for the camera! We've found out some things about our cute little dog in the two weeks we've had him. Like he can fly! We had some people over, and the dogs were still in the house when they rang the bell. I hurried and put them in the back yard while Brent let our friends in. Well Bentley was whining and started barking so we let him in. He took off and dashed toward our friends in the couch. From about 4-5 feet from the couch he jumped and flew across the room into Randy's lap! It was amazing! He can also curl up into the smallest little ball you've ever seen!



Ok so now that you've fallen in love with him, time to burst your bubble and tell you of all the "growing moments" we've had together! So Bosco and Bentley are both boys! Which means there has been a battle over who's territory our house is. Neither of them seem to realize it's not the dog's territory but Brent and I's! So we got them doggie diapers! Don't be so quick to judge, it's simply self preservation for our home! It looks really funny! And they both walk like the have something up there butt rather then wrapped around their wee wee! Oh it makes me laugh!!







For all you dog lovers dont worry, it doesn't hurt them and after wearing them a couple of times they don't even seem that bothered by them! Now for the most disgusting thing I've heard of a dog doing, and it was my dog! So after having Bentley for a few days we realized we need to keep our bathroom door closed because he seems to like to get into the trash. He'd done it a few times. So we started closing the door. Problem solved! But apparently not soon enough. A few days ago Brent let the dogs out in the morning to do there business. Bentley comes back in half squatting and looks at Brent like, "help me!" Brent looked and saw a paper stuck to his bum. So he went to pull it off and it just came coming and coming. So Brent the good man that he is pulled something out of his butt! It gets even better! Latter that day I went into the massage room, and on the floor were two panty liners! He had eaten them! Eeew! He had either passed them or thrown them up, but it really looked more like he had passed them! So gross! And he's a tiny little dog, full of panty liners! It explained why he hadn't eaten much the past couple of days! But that made me realize Brent most likely pulled a panty liner out of his butt not a paper! Ugh!


Bosco has also provided some good entertainment! He seems to think that Bentley's bed is perfect for him! It's a bed made for a small dog like Bentley, 11 lbs, not a big dog like Bosco 75 lbs! I haven't caught him in the morning in it with the camera yet but here is a pic of him sitting in it and Bentley next to him for comparison! You'll just have to imagine him asleep and falling out of it!




They've had lots of fun getting into trouble, tearing up the trash while we've been out. Peeing everywhere, and even playing a little! It sounds like an army is moving through the house when they start chasing each other. They are growing to be pretty good friends! Although it has taken a while. Bosco totally had oldest sibling syndrome! He was so jealous when we first got Bentley! If you pet Bentley, Bosco had to be right there getting pet too! But they really are getting along pretty well now! Just what the Dr. ordered! Just one more pic of them together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha I know what its like having two crazy dogs and diapers and the bathroom trash. I love how Bosco is using the tiny bed for himself. Classic!!

The Bray Family said...

You have the cutest doggies! And I think you did a great job on the hair cut!