Friday, March 14, 2008

Haunted!

So imagine it, I'm sleeping peacefully in our bed. I wake in the middle of the night, confused, unsure. The fan in our room has just blasted on full speed. I turn over grab the remote control, turn the fan back on low, where is should be, where it was. All the sudden the light comes on, the fan once again is rustling the room on high. Again I turn the fan down, the light off, and uneasily I roll over to go back to sleep. Again I hear the click, the light is back on the fan wildly going again. I am filled with uneasiness, the fan and light in our bedroom are randomly going on/off, faster slower. How could this be? Thinking logically, despite the fact that I have been startled from the dead of sleep, I realize it must be the remote control for the fan malfunctioning. Easy to solve right. I take out the batteries, put the remote back on the nightstand. Confidant I solved the problem I once again try to return to sleep. Click. There is is again. This time my heart starts pounding. Now there is NO logical solution or explanation to the fan/light. I get out of bed and flip the switch at the wall to off. This stops the unexplained switching of the fan speed and the light coming on and off. The problem has continued the past few days, randomly if the switch on the wall is on, there is no predicting what the fan and light will do. The only explanation, our house is haunted. We have a ghost that likes to wake us up at night and freak me out when I'm home alone and hear click!

Our Haunted Remote


Our Haunted Fan

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Isn't your house brand new?

You should've been there when our shower door shattered at 2am. We had a post for it, but I can't seem to find it....Maybe it got deleted?

Anywho, pretty cool stuff. Let me know how that turns out!

The Bray Family said...

lol!! That is the craziest story! You guys could have a "mystery party" and totally freak all your guests out by letting them hang out in your room with that fan!

Anonymous said...

Wow maybe your have a short in the electrical system. If the fan keeps only turning on high that would be the most logical explanation.

Hilary said...

To Terina with love:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikehilary.beckwith/ShatteredDreams

I found the photos. For some reason they are not in the blog anymore, but I uploaded them to Picasa for the world to see!

Happy Hauntings?