Sunday, March 9, 2008

Painting the Bathroom

So the other day I was bored and thinking about this extra "paint" we had. When we first moved into our house we got a sample of a rust colored paint. We were going to paint the kitchen and a wall in the living room this color. We put the sample on the wall and it looked GREAT with the counter tops, cabinets, carpet color but we didn't really like it for the kitchen. The color was just too strong! So we did red instead and the rust sat in the laundry room. Then sitting there bored I remembered the sample. I though "I bet it would be enough to paint the bathroom and that it would look good with the things we already have in there". I changed my clothes and started painting. This is what happened! (There are captions with some of the pics if you click on the slide show and then the second icon in from the left you can see them)





The "paint" we already had was just a color sample. So there was not enough for the whole room. And it wasn't really paint. I learned a bathroom is hard to paint. There's the mirror, the shower, towel rack, toilet paper holder, medicine cabinet. All that you can't get paint on and hard to paint around. I don't know if I'll ever paint another bathroom again. But I do think it looks good with our shower curtain and the pottery we have on the counters. While I was painting I put the shower curtain and a couple of towels over the edge of the bed. Bosco walked under it and got the towle draped over his head, it was so funny!



3 comments:

What's for dinner? said...

Your bathroom looks good! We painted our master bath a few months ago...it was a PAIN in the butt!

Hilary said...

I love the picture of Bosco under the towel...it's my fave. Norma does that, too, but usually gets stuck somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! The color looks great and you did a great job not getting paint on everything. Im so impressed :) See what happens when you start thinking and your bored? Its not always a bad thing.lol.