Friday, February 6, 2009

Learning

I love that the little ones I get to play with are constantly learning and saying cute things. Example during our ride home from preschool the other day the following conversation took place.

Gavin: Terina you know what I want to be when I grow up?
Me: Gavin what do you want to be?
Gavin: I want to be a policeman & a builder.
Me: That is great! Gavin those are both really great things to be!
McKinley: I want to be Tinker Bell & Aurora!
Me: Kinney that is awesome!
Gavin: Kinney you can't be that!
McKinley: Yes I CAN!
Gavin: No you can't they are not real!
McKinley: Terina tell Gavin I can be Tinker Bell & Aurora! *spoken with tears in her voice*
Me: Gavin if McKinley wants to be Tinker Bell & Aurora when she grows up then she can! McKinley, you can be what ever you want, you already are a princess so Tinker Bell & Aurora will not be a problem!

Then we talked about how Gavin's B-day is coming up he tells me how he's going to be older!
McKinley: Terina I'm older now, before I was older I was I was baby like Gage & Marley. And before that I was in Mommy's tummy!
Me: (with a laugh) Yes McKinley that's right you were. Then seeing a teaching opportunity I ask "Where were you before you were in Mommy's tummy?"
Both Gavin & McKinley *confused silence* I don't know where?
Me: You were with Heavenly Father in heaven!
Gavin: Oh yeah that's right! I learned that in primary, there's a song about that.
McKinley: I think Heavenly Father tickled us! A lot!!
Me: Silent hysteric laughter!
Gavin: I think he must have changed our diapers too! Man that must have been a lot of diapers!
Me: Uncontrolled laughter! Where do they come up with these things?!?!?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

How sweet! I love to listen to childrens conversations. They are so innocent and honest. Thanks for sharing!

therealmccoy said...

It's so great that you document these things so you can remind them when they are watching your and Brent's 12 children. I'm sure there was some tickling going on in Heaven:)