Thursday, September 10, 2009

Muddeling Around at Midnight

Sleep deprivation has created a few funny stories. One that really cracks me up.....should I save the best story for last or just start with it???? I think I'll make you wait and save it for last.

First the other day, wait no not day, night, middle of the night, I got Croix up to feed him. Propped up my pillows. Put the boppy in place and sat there in a state between sleep and consciousness. Croix was just nuzzling and nuzzling and making frustrated noises. I thought Ugh what's the deal why doesn't he just eat already. Look down, I hadn't even undone my bra! No wonder he wasn't eating!!!

Second I woke up to Croix fussing. I'm laying in bed trying to fully wake myself up, and feel Croix next to me. I'm feeling for his face......all I feel is blanket!!! My heart starts pounding as I'm thinking I've smothered my baby. I wake up enough to open my eyes and realize all I was feeling was my body pillow. Croix was safely in his bassinet, still fussing!

Third a few days after we were home from the hospital, while I was still instructed by Brent not to get out of bed unless it was to go to the bathroom Croix woke up. So I rub Brent's back and say can you go get Croix. He just made sleepy noises. The he gently rubs my side and I think oh he's being sweet. Then his hand heads south and he's trying to pull down my pants! I move his hand and ask him what he's doing. He just mumbles. Then he's trying to pull down my pants again. I ask Brent what are you doing? Just trying to...mumbling. Still trying to get my pants down. I take his hand and say Brent you need to wake up. He replies I am awake. I ask well then what are you doing? He says Trying to get ready for him. I say Brent you're trying to get in my bottoms. He says what's the difference. I'm laughing at this point, he's so out of it and has no clue what he's saying or doing. But he's still trying to pull my pants down so I take his hand and say Brent you need to wake up and get your son so I can feed him. No response just trying to get his hand free. So a little louder and more sternly I say Brent you need to wake up and get your son so I can feed him all the while holding his hand a little more firmly. Well he then sits up and gets out of bed and says Fine maybe you need to go to sleep! I really wish I could tell you this story because the tone of voice he used is the best part. He sounded like an indignant teenager! Fine! But maybe you need to go to sleep! I was busting up! I asked him about it the next morning figuring he wouldn' remember anything. He did vaguely remember, he says all he really remembered was that he just thought he needed to help me get ready to feed Croix! Too funny!!!

Just because he's too cute here's a few pictures that I took the other day of the cause of the sleep deprivation.
















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I thought I was going to pee my pants laughing at your stories! LOVE IT!
Carol

Hilary said...

too funny!

Rachel Hanchett said...

Oh I love to hear stories like that because we've all been there! Plus your pictures are precious, I love his little smile!

What's for dinner? said...

Don't know if I told you or not but one night I woke up and gasped realizing as I looked across my room that it was 1:30 in the morning and couldn't figure out why Cate hadn't woken up to eat. I was about to jump out of bed to make sure she was still alive only to realize I was already holding her feeding her and had no clue how she got into my arms!!!!

Rochelle and Spencer said...

Oh I just love to hear that other people have those delusion stories. They were so funny. I love those pictures that you took of him:).