Friday, August 29, 2008

Munchkins!

So I quit my job at the spa after getting an $8 pay check! Yes that's right you read correctly $8! It ended up to not be as fun as I had envisioned and definitely not worth my time (or gas money to get there!). One of my, clients who I have been working on for 3 years now, her nanny had a baby at the beginning of the summer. Her niece has been helping out since then but she just started school again so she asked if I'd be interested. This is the same family that Brent and I have been babysitting for a lot lately so I'm pretty familiar with the kids, that and being at there house ever week! It's just very part time so I can still do massage before or after work. Tues-Fri 11:30-4:30. The kids are great! They are so fun and so cute! (I'm sure plenty of pictures will follow!) They are Gavin 4, McKinnley 2 1/2, Marlee & Gage 10 mo. almost! They are too cute and have been so much fun! I also love there parents! They are wonderful people! I love being in there home! After I had agreed I had momentary flash backs to the bad moments of being a nanny in CT and got a little worried. But then I remembered that the majority of the bad things were difficulties or struggles with the parents and the fact that I lived with them....I LIVED at my job! So this will be and has been much better! The first day I came home and said to Brent "I forgot how fun pre-schoolers can be" We teach that age in church but it is a totally different setting. You don't get to just have fun with them. You are trying to get them to learn something, anything! You are trying to get them to be quite, and still! But nannying, so much fun! I had forgotten! So yea for a new fun part time job!!!!

1 comment:

Crystal-lynn said...

Wow! I didn't know about this. Sounds exciting!