Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Flooring!!!

I am so excited writing this! So last week I was looking at the carpet in our dining area. It is DISGUSTING!!! Two dogs have ruined it! Bentley is STILL peeing on the floor. Bosco STILL gets in the trash, drags it over to the carpet, then tears it apart and makes a mess and eats it. So between the food stains, and the pee stains it was just awful! I realized if we ever move (which we will definitely do some day) there is no way we could sell the house with that carpet in it! At least with out dropping the price of the house to compensate for the cost of replacing the carpet. So I thought......Why wait till right before we move to replace the carpet and never enjoy the new flooring??? That makes no sense! If we are going to have to replace it some day why not do it now so we can enjoy it the rest of the time we have in our house?!?! Well that is exactly what we decided to do!!! So We did some price comparison and found the right place, with the right quality product, and the best warranty and now we have new flooring!! But before I show you the final results you really should see how bad it was before!







Before Pictures











The most common garbage eating spot!







Bentley's secret peeing place.








This is where the piano was, also a fav. peeing place








From the kitchen to the dining area.







Kitchen from dining area.....ugly linoleum!!!


More of the ugly linoleum







How the dining area looked before



We had to move all the books off the book shelf so they could move the book shelf to install the wood flooring. So these were the piles and piles of books. Maybe I have too many books? Is that possible? Bosco decided to jump in the pic.



After Pictures

From the living room

From the dining area to the kitchen

The kitchen



From the laundry room looking into the kitchen.



We also recently got some new lighting fixtures for our house. My sister in law Heather's store was having a huge sale so we got a great deal!!





The sconce in the hall way (from all angels)








The upstairs guest bath.





The down stairs powder room.


We feel so blessed to have been able to do a few small home improvement projects! It really helps the feel of our home to be more us.



7 comments:

Crissylady said...

That looks amazing! Pee away Bentley, can't hurt this floor!! :-)

Just US said...

That looks great! Did you install it yourself or did you have someone install it for you? Enjoy your new floor and lights! It looks really good!

Kayla said...

Congrats!!! I love it!

The Bray Family said...

That's so exciting! And it looks so good!! I love the flooring and the lights!

Amanda said...

pretty! i love it!

The Payne family said...

Your house looks very cute! I like the dark colors you have going on in there. And I LOVE wood floors. I hope to some day have some of my own. Good choice! Oh also, I saw the message you left me on facebook in my e-mail but have not been on facebook in a few weeks to respond. To answer your question, I don't know what the name of the talk is. I have a horrible horrible memory. Hope you find it though! If Burkhart referenced it, it must be amazing!

Lisa said...

I'm trying not to be jealous of your home, let alone your gorgeous floors! Someday I will have my dream home. Guess what it will look like? It will have 4 walls and a roof. I am SO excited. :-)