Monday, January 12, 2009

One Missed Call

Let me start out this blog by saying that I am a very imaginative person. I can get completely taken away in stories. I get lost in books, transported to different places, eras, a different life (saved me as a teenager!) Same thing with movies, I fall in love with them, I hurt with them, I get terrified with them! Having a shining imagination can be a great thing, life is interesting and fun. But on occasion, getting caught up in fiction and carried away to another place can get me in trouble. A TV show that I watch can keep me lying awake in bed wondering about their lives. So silly I know! Well this comes in especially detrimental to me when watching scary movies! My heart pounds, I get completely freaked out! Even after the movie is over all the lights have to stay on till I'm safely in bed, and I keep Brent with in arms length! To protect me from what ever evil I just got engrossed in.



Well over the weekend we watch One Missed Call. It was a really good scary movie. Not too gory, not too freaky, and it had a semi decent ending (the ending is always where scary movies fall apart!). In case you haven't seen the movie the premise is you get a missed call and a voicemail. The voicemail is your voice and it is dated in the future. The date it is set for is when you die and the voicemail is your final words (or screams). The movie is over, Brent and I go up stairs to get ready for bed and I decide I need a drink of water. I go down stairs turning on every light on my way. I get some water just as the home phone rings. It only rings once, which is quite odd because not very many people have our home number and the ones who do know not to call us late, and it was 10:30. Late! At least for us anyway. So if someone was calling late it should be for something important, not to hang up after one ring. I come back upstairs to check the phone. Brent is laying in bed right where I left him. I pick up the phone and check the Caller ID, and is says 1 MISSED CALL FROM TERINA!!!!! I had a missed call from myself! I'm sure I'm going to die in a day or two (not really but my heart did drop and I got really freaked out!) I say "Oh my gosh you have got to be freaking kidding me!!!" I'm wondering how did I call myself! I never called myself! What!?!?! Then Brent busts up laughing. Yes my wonderful loving husband was a jerk and called the home phone from my cell phone while I was getting a drink of water! He thinks he's hilarious! The past few days he's just started laughing for no reason. I'd ask what's so funny? Oh just remembering the other night! Laugh it up chuckles, laugh it up! Just watch your back Brent! Your next!

13 comments:

What's for dinner? said...

Brent always used to scare the crap out of me when I was little, he knew we were all very gullable!

Heather said...

I remember him always telling me and Erica stories like how our grandparents house in Camp Verde was built on an indian burial ground right before we were going up there to stay for a while. It was a little believable since the indian reservation was really close.

Chelley said...

I don't even know if you remember me, but occasionally I stalk your blog off of Marilyn's site and I had to comment. That is such a funny story! I saw that movie and if something like that happened to me it would have completely freaked me out! I hope you get him back!!

Lisa said...

lol/ so funny. And so sorry!!! i realized yesterday we were supposed to hang out. can we try again????

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds so BRENT!!! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...remember who my brother is!

Now get him back...and get him back good!

Carol

Marilyn said...

Men! I hope you get him back good, cause he really deserves it. I do have to admit that it was pretty funny, but he still deserves a good payback!

Hilary said...

You have to admit, that is pretty funny. Way to go, Brent! Something to tell the kids?

Rachel Hanchett said...

oh that is just cruel!

Anonymous said...

thanks!


hmn, angie actually posted twice on that blog... so she should remember. i just set it up for her. i have no idea what a password (or even a log-in) would be. sorry.

Emily said...

That's exactly why I don't watch scary movies anymore :)

Kalena and Justin said...

I have known you for a while and I love how into things you get because so do I. But this is funny. And if you think about it you should have been expecting it.lol.

Now you just have to go get him back, and we all know you can! Good Luck.

Stephen and Erin said...

I am the same way! I lay there and half my brain tells me that im geing stupid and the other half tells me "there is something freaky standing by your bed so dont open your eyes! "

Ali said...

Ok I love scary movies/books too and that was just MEAN of him, sounds like something B would do, we have to get revenge, let me think on it :)..... Fun blog!!