Saturday, March 7, 2009

Attempted Murder!

I'm a little suspicious that Brent is trying to off me! I was cooking dinner last night, making some yummy fajitas. I get the meat out of the fridge where it had been marinating over night. I throw it in the pan & moments later a giant flame leaps out at me from under the back half of the pan!!! I scream!! I think that's pretty odd, we have an electric stove, not gas??? Then I think it must have been that a little of the oil I had put in the pan had gotten on the edge, maybe it just got too hot and burst into flames!!! Figuring that's all it was I assumed the danger had past since the oil would have burned off. I continue cooking and a few minutes later THE ENTIRE PAN BURST INTO FLAMES!!!! Thankfully I jumped back just in time to not become crispy fried! Now I'm a little freaked out!! Why does my dinner keep trying to kill me?!?!?! I'm CSIing it, oil is gone, what other "elements" are involved that could cause a fire? Then it occurred to me......BRENT!!!!! Brent had put a little tequila into the marinade (don't worry all the alcohol burns off & all that's left is yummy flavor)!!! So the tequila was catching on fire attempting to remove all hair from the front of my body. I swear I almost lost my eyebrows!!! Let it be said I'm grateful to be alive post dinner prep!!! Ok and I have to say Brent was in no way trying to harm me. In fact he was very helpful to prepare the meat and get in all ready & marinating in the fridge! He's pretty spectacular!

In case anyone was wondering our week with 4 kids went remarkably well! Not to say it was easy! Mom is the hardest job on the planet but it went well. We made it to church on time, even a few minutes early. I got all the kids in bed just fine the nights Brent was gone. I think I decided 4 is too many! Although I can't decide if it's 4, or 4 in 4 years, or 16 mo old twins!!! But either way maybe we'll stick to 2 or 3!! I did truly love seeing Brent with the kids! He is going to be an amazing Daddy! I can't wait to have little ones of our own! I know being a parent won't be easy but with Brent by my side it will be extremely doable!!! We make a great team!! We balance each other. We are sensitive to each others needs (I have to go to the grocery store or die!!). I feel very confidant that I got the best person for me! I'm so glad I get to face the rest of life with him by my side!!

3 comments:

What's for dinner? said...

You're just lucky that Brent had 4 siblings that he helped take care of and babysit all of those years!

Kalena and Justin said...

Sorry I didnt comment on this right way. It was SOOOOOOO FUNNY being on the phone with you when this happened! And your rappid sorrys for screaming in my ear :)

But I agree even though I havent met him in person you did get the best guy for you, and he got the best for him from what I have seen (pics) and heard you are one of those great couples that "Just fit" And when the time is right you are going to be kick butt parents :)

Marilyn said...

Did he just take out a large life insurance policy on you? (jk) You two seem like you are a really good team together and very well suited. I love reading your blog as you have quite the writing wit!