Monday, March 30, 2009

A Little Bit of This A Little Bit of That

Well it seems I posted a blog and then disappeared for three weeks! Oops! So rather then write a detailed blog I'm just going to highlight somethings :)


I am grateful! Grateful to all of your for your kind and loving words of congratulations!! To answer some questions I'm feeling GREAT! I haven't had any morning sickness at all and I've been so gratefully for that!!! We don't really care if we have a boy or girl. Honest. I never really believed people when they said that, but I guess now I will since it's how I feel! I'm sure if we have another I'll care then, but with our first it really doesn't matter! People have asked if I'm starting to show, I would say yes although the rest of the world might not agree! LOL I've gained a little weight, my pants no longer fit right but I really don't look pregnant. BUT my stomach is bigger then it used to be and I can tell a difference!!!





I had the flu. It was awful, I thought I might die! Maybe it's because I'm pregnant but it was the worst flu I've ever had! I threw up for 5 hrs straight. By the end almost every 10-15 min. and it was just stomach bile and blood! But the interesting part to me was the fact that the Dr. was more interested in the last time I had gone pee?!?! Which I was able to do just in the nick of time! Other wise it would have been off to the ER for us! I was glad Brent was such a trouper and when I was finally able to keep down some liquid went downstairs every hour to get me a refill. He took such good care of me!





Good part of the flu, yes there was a good part! I felt little Nutter butter flutter for the first time! Around 1 in the morning when I was finally able to keep some pedialite down I felt a little flutter!! I'm pretty sure Nutterbutter was doing a happy dance to finally get some food! I've been feeling some little "bubbles" since then and think that's what it is but being a first time Mom I' m not entirely sure!! But I really do think I'm feeling little baby movements!



One really bad part of the flu, I got super dehydrated! Which has now started causing Braxton Hicks contractions. That really freaked me out when I call the Dr. and they confirmed that that's what's going on. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen till the 3rd trimester. But apparently that starts at 6 weeks!! People just don't usually feel them till later on. I was really freaked out till I talked to a few Mom friends who confirmed it's normal and ok as long as they aren't consistent, painful, or accompanied with other symptoms. So I drink, drink, drink, and then pee, pee, pee. Oh well! I'm pregnant and everything is ok I'll move to the bathroom if I have to! Life is great I'm pregnant!!



Have you ever thought your feet/heels are dry? I bet they are not as bad as Brent's! He put a hole in our sheets with his dry feet!!! And yet the man refuses to get a pedicure! I've actually woken up to his feet scratching the sheets (I'm sure mostly because I'm pregnant and not sleeping as well but still) I try and help, I give him an at home pedicure but man I'm telling ya! So now I make him wear socks to bed. He doesn't like this so I put socks on him at night, yeah picture it! It's funny!


Also I had a housekeeper come and clean my house for me (this is in no way bragging, actually more the opposite, it's admittance that I'm not a very good housekeeper! And just FYI I traded for massage couldn't afford it otherwise) because I was SOO behind. I just needed someone to help me catch up. Well I'm definitely pregnant because after they left I went upstairs and literally got tears in my eyes that my bedroom and bathroom were so beautiful and clean! Yep very pregnant and hormonal! Thought I'd share because it was silly and funny!

3 comments:

What's for dinner? said...

Burt scratches holes through all of our sheets...and he gets me with his dry feet in the night. I've tried the home pedicure route with him but he would need one about everyother day. I'm not that nice.

AZ Larsens said...

Oh I love feeling baby kicks! That's my favorite part of being pregnant, hands down.

Carol Langford said...

I'm so glad your doing alright...Glen has rubbed a hole in our sheets too! I did the pedicure thing and got special moisturizer then the socks...they get used to the socks, if not take him shopping to buy the sheets...ask him what he'd rather buy, white tube socks for bed or new sheets every few months!

Good times in your pregnancy..I'm glad your doing good.

Carol