Friday, March 13, 2009

A "Garden"

We planted a "garden"!! I put that in parenthesise because our yard is no where near big enough for a real garden. I'm also quite positive Bosco & Rusty would kill anything we planted in the ground. I already lost a potted house plant to Rusty's chewing & every plant that came with our yard is dead except 1! Dog pee in high doses tends to kills plants! So we improvise! We got some pots, seeds, dirt, gloves, shovels & a watering pot from Lowes came home and "toiled in the earth!" Ha not really but it was fun to plant a "garden"! To protect our little garden from the dogs they are on top of an unused dog kennel. So far they have been safe! I'm very excited for some fresh veggies! Especially tomatos!!!! Oh love a fresh, garden grown tomato!! I just wish we could have planted more!!! My in-laws have a great sized garden! It's not too big, not too small, just right. (know I sound like Goldie Locks!) Someday I'll have a great garden with all the delicious veggies I want! In the mean time I get tomatos, cucumbers, peppers & squash. Very excited for harvest time!!!






4 comments:

dixonfamily said...

Good for you guys!! That is on our list of things to do too. Tomatoes are just about the greatest thing that grows and I hope come harvest time you tons of yummy fresh foods!!

Kalena and Justin said...

Such a cute little garden. We were just talking about doing something like this last night but its still a little too chilly here at night start. You will have to take picutes as they start to grow and bloom. Im so looking forard to tommoatoes this year when Im pregnant I cant stand them at all,LOL. And so both girls spoiled summers for me. Here is to a large and happy farvest all Summer.

therealmccoy said...

Oh Little Mrs. Green Thumb... you are so cute! I hope you have many a salad from your garden.

Side Note: Your play-list cracks me up every time I visit your blog:)

shells said...

That's awesome!

And you know you are one of the darling girls that helps me see the silver lining! :)