Thursday, October 22, 2009

hi-ho hi-ho It's off to Work I Go

I started working again this week. I'm so glad that for me going back to work means working a couple hours a day a few days a week. If I had to go back to work full time I'd be freaking out right now. But the fact that I can work for a couple hours, interact with some clients, and then come right back home, or just down stairs and see my baby again I kind of like. Now don't get me wrong, my first day back I got Croix all dressed and ready to go and as I'm rushing to get everything together to take him to the baby sitters he's smiling away I did shed a few tears that I was leaving him with someone else, especially during his happy awake time. But Croix did great and it was good to feel productive. It makes me so happy that when I was deciding what to do with my life I thought this far into the future. One sad thing about going back to doing massage, no more finger nails! They did look like this:




BEAUTIFUL!!

Now they look like this:



Ugly! :P That's one down side of being a massage therapist, no finger nails.

I was a little worried going back after not being able to work for 7 months. I gave Brent a massage and then two of my brothers back massages, and I felt like I had lost my flow. Flow being my protocol, my rhythm, my massage. I was having to think about what I was going to do, and didn't know where I was going next. I used to be able to just do a massage with out thinking, I could even have done it blind folded! So I was a little thrown off by the fact I had to think about what I was doing and didn't know what I was going to do next. But with my first client as soon as I was in my massage space, with the lights off and the music going it all came right back. It wasn't quite as effortless as it had been but I didn't feel lost. And as I've worked this week I've felt more and more comfortable. So if you or anyone you know needs an amazing massage just let me know.....'cus I'M BACK!

No comments: