Tuesday, April 5, 2011

General Conference

Every six months The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) holds a conference where the prophet and other church leaders speak to us.  I always look forward to it.  This time, with fears of infertility creeping up in my mind, worries of what we should do, when we should do it, etc. I decided to pray for guidance as to the steps we should take in trying to add to our family, when we should take them etc.  I love how the Lord answers our prayers readily and with such love. As I laid (because the only place we could watch was on our computer in our bedroom) and listened to inspired words I felt inspired.  I was reminded of things I've learned before, I felt peace.

I was reminded that it doesn't really matter what challenges I face, what test results may find, what direction we will take in treatment (if that is necessary).  Yes I will continue to pray every step of the way for guidance and will seek the Lords will for me.  Although that is good and important what really matters is being humble.  To remember to look at trials as a blessing from a loving Heavenly Father.  An opportunity to learn, grow and more fully rely upon him.  There may be tears, there may be struggles and disappointment.  But if I can rely upon the atonement and turn my heartache, fears and burden over to my Savior than I will be ok!  I will be more than ok, I will become a better person, a stronger daughter of God, a more faithful servant.  I was also reminded of the need to turn my will over to the Lord.  As a planner I think I know the best time for things to happen in my life.  Sometimes in my planning I fail to consult my Heavenly Father.  Other times I do but still think my time-line is best.  I cannot describe the peace I feel after listening to inspired words.  I was stuck in my head going in circles with concern and what ifs and fears.  Now I'm at peace. 

I can't wait to get the printed version of Conference!  There are many talks I can't wait to read, study and ponder!

If you would like to hear or read any of  the talks just follow this link.

Here is a picture of my loves watching Conference

No comments: