Sunday, September 18, 2011

Croix

I feel like there is so much that Croix does that needs to be documented. They are just funny little things. The silly things that make him my sweet Croix. Rather than a million posts of one little story I'm just going to do one long post of the latest things Croix has done.

Croix enjoys brushing his teeth. Well maybe he enjoys the toothpaste more then the actual teeth brushing. We had brushed and he wanted more tooth paste. After telling him “No we’re all done brushing teeth” I put the toothpaste back in the medicine cabinet. He proceeded to open the cabinet open one of the drawers and climb up into the shelf so he could reach the medicine cabinet.


The other day I went to the bathroom. When I came out Croix was chewing on two knives. Not butter knives either real knives. I know better than to leave knives on the edge of the counter or on the table. He had gotten a bowl out of the cabinet and pushed it up to the counter and gotten it off the back of the counter where I had left it. He got the other one out of the dishwasher.

I found him on top of washer and dryer. The door was open and he pulled himself up and was playing with the laundry soap.

He was playing in our closet and found my old roller blades. He came hobbling out with one and said “Mommy bike shoes?” I thought that was pretty smart of him to look at that put together that it looked like a bike (has wheels) and looks like a shoe.

Croix is now a true Arizonan. He loves the rain. Ever since we had our first monsoon storm where he could go play in the rain, every time he goes outside he says, rain?




Along with the rain he now knows what an umbrella is. He calls them unlellas. We went to In & Out the other night for dinner and he kept pointing to all the unlellas. It also happened to be raining. That was a fun dinner, we sat outside to enjoy the sprinkles.

When we wash hands we sing the ABC’s. He is trying to sing along now. He mostly just makes letter sounds and a few letters, but he’s trying.

The very week he turned two he said no for the first time. He tells himself no, no, no! TOO FUNNY!

We had a big monsoon storm and it blow a tree down at the park. Croix noticed it had been blown over from the rain and kept pointing at it saying ut-oh.

One of the things he got for his birthday was sidewalk chalk. We pulled it out and colored in the back yard. He loves it. He always wants me to draw the Wonder Pets. I used our watering pot to rinse it off. The next time we were drawing he gets the watering pot and goes over to the faucet. He turns the water on and holds out the pot, getting only a few drops of water into the pot. As he’s walking back to the patio he dumps out the few drops he managed to get in. He did this over and over with no clue that he was not doing a thing besides getting his shoes wet!

Whenever you ask Croix what he wants for a snack he says, ummm meat annnnnd cheese. (I really think this is funny since we don't even eat meat all that often, in fact we eat vegetarian twice a week!)

He cries “Hurray” every time he goes pee pee…still!

Croix loves his Daddy more than anything else in the world.  He loves playing with him and being with him and wants to be just like him.  When they laugh and play together it makes the world a better place.

With Daddy's hat and iPod



I don’t know if he’s not sure of the difference between pee & poo or if he just doesn’t know how to communicate the difference but he still says pee pee when he needs to go poo. So I’ll take him and he won’t do anything. I’ll get him down, wash hands and then we repeat this a handful of times until finally he is frantically crying PEE PEE! PEE PEE! Then I know, ah-ha, he’s not just fooling around, he just has to go poo!

He has discovered buckles. He loves them. He will sit and do the buckle on his high chair over and over.

When we are getting ready for bed we’ll read our stories, then Croix will say "and arms", meaning time for prayers. Then after prayers he says "and songs", meaning it’s time to sing our song before bed.

Croix keeps saying E all the time when he is talking. He says it before just about everything he says and in between words too. It reminds me of how in Spanish they say Y (Pronounced E) which means and. Croix is like 1/8 Spanish. I don’t know if that is what explains this or not. But I’m going to go ahead and say it’s his Spanish coming out in him.

Croix loves to do “sweepman” or Superman, where I’m lying on the ground he puts his belly on my feet I lift him to the sky and we say sweepman” he throws his arms out like he’s flying and love every minute of it. He also loves it when I throw him onto the couch over my head. And in the process I get a work out.

He has a few favorite songs. The wheels on bus is one of them. He especially loves the verse the mamas on the bus go ssh ssh ssh. Sometimes I’ll hear him singing to himself and saying sssh ssh shh. He also loves old McDonald, he’ll sing E-I-E-I-O.

I love him more than I thought possible. He brings us so much joy!



1 comment:

KJ's Perspective Take 2 said...

I this post. Croix is so wonderful and fun. How great to have blogging around to capture the moments. I wish it was around when Zack was a baby. He was 4 before the twins were born. Looking back those times at home with him, just me and him were the best of my life. The simplicity (I don't mean easy) of the daily life of a mother is so wonderful isn't it?