Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Camp Verde

Friday Brent & I went up to Camp Verde with Brent's Dad. We met Jim (Brent's Dad) at 6:30 am! Then we drove up to Camp Verde. We met Brent's uncle Larry and Aunt Carol at the grave site of Brent's Grandparents. The cemetary in Camp Verde is mostly just dirt and weeds so they wanted to do something to make it nicer. They had already laid a concrete slab earlier. We brought up some rock, it is very nice stuff that looks like flagstone, but it is made out of concret so it is longer lasting and much more durable to the weather. Once we got there we worked hard and cleaned the slab and poured something on it to make the rocks stick. Then we laid all the rock. Once that was done we made a quick trip (half hour away) to Home Depot and got some grout for the rock. We then mixed and poured the grout. If you've ever done this then you understand what a big job this is! Our hands were all so dry when we were done! I didn't think to take off my wedding ring and I couldn't even see my diamond by time we were done! But when we were done it looked very nice! I'll confess when we first got started I thought, hum I dont know how this is going to look, but it really turned out very nice. I just didn't have the vision that Jim did! He has a nack for being able to picture the final results of a project. This is what the final result was (sorry for the bad pics I forgot the camera so we just had to use our phone)




After we left on the way home we stopped at the greatest little resturant in Black Canyon City! It's an Amish Kitchen. So good! And I would know I've had Amish food from Amish people in PA! Brent and I always try and stop there when we are passing through. We finally arrived home around 10:30, what a long day! The next couple of days my hands peeled from the grout! I've never seen my hands like that, it was a little unsettling!

No comments: