Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Reverse What????

We had to take Bosco into the vet to get some more blood work done to check how he was responding to the Valley Fever medication. So he had some blood drawn and we got the results back. Great news he his responding very well! The Dr. is going to lower his medication levels, which is great news because the medicine they have him on is very hard on the liver, so lower dosage is a great thing! While we were there I had the Dr. check this bump that Bosco has had on his butt for a week or two (that we've noticed) I'm so glad I had him take a look. He was very concerned about it! Apparently Boxers are prone to cancer and he said it looked like it could be cancerous! So lucky Bosco gets to go in early monday morning and have surgery to remove the bump! He'll have to wear one of those lamp shade things after ward! So I'm sure there will be great pics coming soon! While we were going to be at the vet any way we decided to take Bentley in for a check up and to ask some questions about some....odd things he does. For example he snorts. Not like a normal dog snort but like an old man (it kind of reminds me of my Grandy) trying to (sorry this is gross) suck up a luggie. Eww I know but that's the best way I can think to describe it! Well it's REALLY loud (suprisingly loud from such a little dog) and he does it in the middle of the night and wakes us up. And it does concern me a little. It didn't seem normal to me. Well the Dr. said it was most likely because of allergies. We had already figured out he has allergies because he's been sneezing and scratching a lot more lately. But he said the snorting is a REVERSE SNEEZE!!! Who in the world has ever heard of a reverse sneeze! Wierdest thing. He also will make this hacking noise. It sounds like a cat trying to hack up a fur ball but nothing ever comes out! That is a collapsing trachea. Yep so he is trying to open up his air way. What a crazy noisy little dog! Also before we took them to the vet I couldn't resist having a little fun with Bentley's long hair, since I'm going to have to cut it short again soon since it's getting hot again. And so I took some pics. Enjoy!

Bentley with Crazy hair


Bentley with a Mohawk


And like the little devil he is!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a cute dog! So do you have the two dogs, Bosco and Bentley? I hope everything goes okay with Bosco's surgery - I just love boxers, they are such good dogs! You'll have to post pictures of him too.