Friday, July 11, 2008

It's Beginning To Feel A Lot Like Connecticut!

So we have hit Monsoon season! I LOVE IT! Monsoon season, for those of you not from AZ is the best time of the year! Well at least the best time of the summer! We get moisture from the south that combined with the high temps create afternoon rain showers! (I'm sure it's a lot more complicated then that but I'm not a meteorologist so that's as good as it's going to get) And last night we got the biggest and best storm in years! In Mesa we got 3'' of rain over night! Now for those of you who are so lucky as to live where it rains more frequently that might seem like nothing. But take into consideration that the average rain fall for a year is approx. 7" and that puts it into perspective! We opened up our garage and back door and let the wind blow through. Until the wind got too strong and we had to close up shop. That and the rain was being blown all the way into our house through the garage! It was crazy. There were wind gusts up to 85 mph! And the lightning was awesome! We just sat upstairs and watched the storm! It was great! We loved it! But the funny thing is, just before it started to rain we were walking the dogs and I said, "man this weather is so nice!" This weather, was 97 degrees and VERY humid! I then started to laugh as I thought about how I would have felt about this weather if I had been living in CT! I would have hated it! Almost 100 degrees with near 100% humidity! But since it's such a change from what we normally have, it was glorious! But it definitely felt a lot more like CT the AZ! Also I found it amusing that the rain was the top story on the news this morning. Yes it's not common and it was the biggest storm in quite some time, but it was the head lining story! There were some flooded roads and therefore always stupid drivers getting stuck. (but AZ is smart and has a stupid driver law, if you have to be rescued because you are stupid, you have to pay for your rescue!) So I guess it was news worthy but it just made me laugh that 3" of rain was the top story. Welcome to AZ!! So to sum up, we love monsoon season. And you appreciate what you do not have.

No comments: