Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Miracles Happen

So I know there are so of you out there that will find this silly but I'm sharing any way! Out dog Bosco it notorious for getting into the trash. We have a 30 lbs weight that sits on top of the trash can at all times to keep him out! Well last week we were pretty busy and then not at home all weekend. So by time we got home and looked in the fridge for something to eat all there was was rotten food. So after grocery shopping I pulled the trash can right up to the fridge, and started emptying out all the bad food to make room for the fresh groceries. (all the while thinking about how waste full we Americans are and wondering how much money we through away in the form of left overs and food that does not get eaten) Well we had a ton of things to get done last night after Brent got home so as soon as we were done unloading and putting away the groceries we were off to work on something else. COMPLETELY FORGETTING THE TRASH!!!!! Well this morning we come down, I'm fixing Brent a sandwich, he is getting some other things for his lunch when all the sudden we notice, the trash can is still standing in the middle of the kitchen UNTOUCHED!!! I honestly could not believe what I was seeing! It was sitting there with NO LID, NO WEIGHT and TONS of food and it was not pulled out all over the house to destroy my carpet and make my dogs sick! A true miracle in my eyes! So although it's small and silly I'm grateful for the miracle (all be it a small one a miracle none the less) of my dogs not getting in the very tempting trash!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I can just imagine the mess that would have made if they got into it - I definitely would be counting my blessings too!! Thank heavens for simple, but wonderful blessings!

The Bray Family said...

That definitely counts!