Friday, November 13, 2009

H&M......My Old Friend, Reunited

H&M is one of the greatest stores ever! It's a European store that is mostly on the east coast. That is where I fell in love with H&M!! They have great, cute, stylish, affordable, good, quality clothes. They FINALLY opened on in AZ! The new H&M is in Scottsdale, still about a 40 min. drive without traffic. So I wont be there all the time, but it's nice to know it's there! I fell in love with H & M when I lived in CT. Hit it up when I was in NY and since they opened on in LA I've gone there every time we've been to CA. I love this store! I'm so glad it's finally here! There's been rumors that it's been coming for a couple years now! So any way. I went to the VIP grand opening. It was awesome! I felt like a celebrity! There was a red carpet, a DJ, catering. There was media there covering the even (which I saw on the news later) It was super fun! I also felt a little like a 500 lbs woman! Brent had school so I just took Croix with me. That's how much I wanted to be there! Well with a ton of people there, me caring around a car seat and a giant diaper bag I kept bumping into everyone! It was ridiculous! The kids and maternity section is upstairs. When I was up there I got compliments on being so good to get out even with a baby. All the Moms seemed to admire my determination to be there. Down stairs with the model looking people I got dirty looks! So needless to say, I spent most of my time upstairs! It was so fun and I can't wait to go back when there are not 500 people so I can actually shop! (not that I really have money to shop with! :-P)

Oooh I almost for got the most random part. There was an elevator Nazi! He was a big black guy, looked like a bouncer at a club. He would not let you go up the elevator unless you were in a wheelchair or had a stroller (there was no one there with either). He didn't catch me and my friend trying to use it until we were already in the elevator, he came and gave us this mean look and told us we weren't allowed to use the elevator. My friend just so happens to be 8 mo. pregnant so I said not even with a baby, pointing to Croix, and a baby, pointing to her belly. He stood there a sec. and let us go up. When I tried to use it again a while later, just me, no pregnant friend, he gave me the boot! I had to drudge through the sea of people and fight my way up the escalator! Stinking elevator Nazi!

1 comment:

The Payne family said...

I love H&M! Of course they would finally get one after I move out of the area! Oh well!