Thursday, February 18, 2010

Holes In My Head

I, at the ripe old age of twenty seven and a half got my ears pierced! I never got it done when I was a kid because my parents wouldn't let me. Then when I was 17 (I think) our dear Prophet Gordon B. Hinkley advised that girls only have one modest set of earrings. Well I'd already decided if I was ever going to get my ears pierced I wanted three holes. One in each lobe and then one at the top of my right ear. So if I could only have two then I would rather have none. So I survived 2 proms, my wedding and being in 4 wedding with our earrings. I figured what other reasons could a girl really use to have pretty ear rings? I didn't really need them. Well it was true need them I did not. But LOVE them I sure do! Brent got a gift certificate for me to get it done for Christmas. I was a little hesitant but figured what the heck, why not! I was mildly nervous as the lady pulled out the crazy device to put additional holes in my head but I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't really hurt! I was also surprised at the length of after care! TWO months I'm supposed to clean them 3 times a day?!?! Ummm yeah not been so good at that. I will say as I left I was still a little sad. That 3rd hole still appeals to me. I still think it's cool. I'd still love to get it. But I'm following the prophet!

On a side note, Croix and I went to Walmart, for brownies and ice cream, to get out of the house, to see other people. Although I hate walmart it was just what I needed. We both enjoyed the crazy people of walmart (which have you seen that web site!!! GO it's hilarious!) Which included the lady in front of me at the express 10 items or less check out who split her 30 items into 3 transactions. Because that makes sense! That night Croix also mostly slept through the night again. He still woke up and whimpered, but did not require great attention, so a decent nights sleep and brownies, and exercise made the world a better place!

1 comment:

Kalena and Justin said...

Now I know I can send you cute ear rings if I get them. I got mine done at 7 and now at the ripe old age of 28 I never were the things. But then you have always been more fashonable then me. Hope you are finding some way cute things for your new hole.

and Im with you I kind of want that third hole as well. I know us rebles.LOL