Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bitter Sweet

I sold my piano. I was so SO SO happy when I got that piano. Then even after having it tuned it still was way out of tune. It was huge, took up a lot of space in our little house. I didn't play if very often, hardly at all really. Part of the reason for that was I hadn't had a piano in so many years that I'd gotten really rusty. Being the inpatient person that I am rather then practicing consistently for a while so I could enjoy playing again I'd just get frustrated that I was so bad and therefor not play. Stupid and lazy I know. Really what it came down to though was I made a deal with the devil.....the devil being Brent. He told me if I sold my piano we could redo our floors downstairs. So then I had to decided weather I hated the floors more then I loved the piano. I decided I hated the floors more. I didn't really think it would sell, but it did, for what I wanted. We sold it to some friends in our neighborhood. So at least I know it went to a good home. I love that I now have a lot more space. But I miss that piano. It had a lot of character and potential. I think it added a lot to our home. Some day I will have a beautiful nice piano, that plays like a dream! Right now I'm looking forward to getting new flooring downstairs!!

Before:






They had to take it out the sliding glass door. They had 4 guys to carry it out! It literally broke Brent's back. Chiropractor diagnosed him with a bulging disk :(

It was a tight fit and I was VERY worried about my wood floors getting scratched. They did not! I let Ashley worry about the piano, since it is now hers.



Once they got it outside they had to figure out how to get it down the street to their house.

After a while they decided to just wheel it down.

Do you see the road? It left marks all the way down the street to their house. It also sounded a little like a train rolling down the street.

Bye-bye piano!

Brent the moment it was in their house.

They had to keep it in their garage for a little while. The live in the two bed room model in our neighborhood which is all upstairs. They had to use a fork lift to get it into their house!

So empty!

Brent was happy..........

VERY HAPPY!
I'm a little sad. I miss it, even if I never really played it!

1 comment:

Kalena and Justin said...

Well he could have at least pretented to be a little sad about seeing it go. Dont worry you will have another piano.