Friday, December 30, 2011

Miracles

I am a firm believer that miracles happen every day!  A lot of times we call them coincidence, or luck, or maybe thing it's just our own intelligence and hard work paying off.  I think that our loving Heavenly Father allows miracles to happen all them time.  We've been blessed with a few lately.

I was supposed to take a pregnancy test October 28th, but for some reason, I'm not sure why I decided to test on the 27th.  I am normally opposed to testing early since if it's negative I'm not going to believe it because it was taken early, so I usually just wait until the day I'm supposed to.  It was postitive (a miracle in it's self).

Jim and Corinne were baby sitting for us that evening.  So when they were here we told them we were expecting.  Jim passed away two days later. 

If we had tested the day we were supposed to we would have just waited until Sunday when we were over for dinner to tell them, by then Jim would have already gone back to live with his Heavenly Father.  It is a nice little bit of comfort to know we were able to tell him our joyful news before he left us.

In the week after Jim's passing one morning our nephew Connor came and told his Mom, "Papa says it's a scary world but I'll be ok because he'll be watching me."  That same morning around the same time  Brent and Croix were driving to Corinne's house and Croix just started saying "Papa's here!  Papa's here!  Papa's here!"  How true it is that our little ones are so special and close to the spirit.

The other night it got pretty cold here.  Brent thought he should call his Mom to see if she needed help putting covers over her plants so they wouldn't freeze.  When he called she was crying and having a hard time trying to figure out how to put together the plant covers.  She was missing Jim, because that's something he normally would have done. We went and helped set things up, but how thankful we are for the spirit to let us know when to pick up the phone and check if everything is ok, or if help is needed.

I'm thankful for the miracles in our life that help give us a little peace.

No comments: