Monday, April 27, 2009

Let's Get Domestic!

It would seem I'm getting quite domesticated. I guess that would make since since I'm not working anymore and at home all the time now. Are you dying to know how fabulously domestic I am? Well it all started with lunch on Friday with the girls. Of course any good domesticated housewife lunches with the girls. What can I say Gecko Grill is just the best in town! After going to lunch I went straight to more domestication! I made strawberry jam! The Ranch Market was having a great sale and I got 12lbs of strawberries, 1 cucumber and 1 pineapple for just over $5! Yes I'm amazing! What a bargain shopper! Then I spent hours at my mother-in-laws cooking jam! Don't worry by the end of the day my back was killing me!! But the jam turned out so delish! And now we'll have jam for the next year or so!
Look how beautiful they are!
Not so beautiful any more! LOL
Ever wonder how much sugar is in jam.... TON!!!
Cooking away!
Fruits of my labors!!
The next day we started to make room for baby! Making room for baby starts all the way in the garage! The "baby room" has been collecting junk/storage stuff for the past couple years so cleaning it out means we have to make room for the stuff that's in there first! We start in the garage, then the under the stairs storage, then closets, then we can start putting together the baby room! I was so proud of our garage! It's the most organized it's ever been!
Then after we got the garage all spick n' span one of my beautiful young women came over so I could do her hair for prom!
It turned out so beautiful and made me miss my long hair! Good thing I'm growing it out again! Such a productive weekend! Oh and no comments allowed about how I'm supposed to be taking it easy! I could only 'just' bake a baby for so long before I had to do something a little more tangibly productive! I was going crazy! :) I miss my nanny kids and clients, and feeling like a contributing member of society, and my household!

10 comments:

Kendra said...

I'm with you. My mom tells me all the time to quit doing stuff because I'm pregnant. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you're helpless! And no one knows your body better than you. You can tell when you need to take it easy and when you're ok. Just don't try to be superwoman - and if people offer to help, let them! It's the only time it'll happen (usually).
That's awesome that you're getting to do all the fun stuff. And you did an awesome job on the hair (it helps when you have a beautiful person to start with).

dixonfamily said...

WOW!! Way to go! The jam looks wonderful and the hair stunning!! I am impressed. You are one talented gal.

Rachel Hanchett said...

I'm so proud of you, what a litle domestic diva you are becoming!

Crystal-lynn said...

Fun times! How nice to be able to do all of those things! Lunch with friends, I'm sure is fun! (Though it feels like FOREVER since I've experienced it), making jam & canning- something I'd like to do sometimes... in all my spare time (:P ha ha) And, as always, you make hair look beautiful!

shells said...

I wish we lived closer also! Doggie playdates are too much fun! AND then I could steal some of the delish jam that you just made! :) mmmmm mmmm good!

Donna said...

Terina,
Your jam looks beautiful, but please...don't over do it! Take it easy, now!
We miss you...
Love,
Ken and Donna

Greg and Bethanie said...

I am so excited that you two are having a boy!!! Congrats!!! I am glad everything has calmed down as far as contractions...hopefully it will stay that way!!

The Payne family said...

Ryan and Sunny are in my ward. They are a lot of fun. We were super glad when they moved in! She actually had seen you on my blog awhile ago and said she knew you. Small world huh?

Marilyn said...

Kara's hair looks beautiful! You are quite the domestic diva!!

Amanda said...

Canning? I don't believe it! I can't wait to taste some of that deliciousness!!