Saturday, July 11, 2009

WOW!!!

My husband is awesome! I don't want this to be one of those cheesy gooey posts that goes on and on but there are just some things that deserve acknowledgment. Yesterday Brent and I ran a million errands. Starting with dropping my car off at the shop (I would recommend this shop to anyone! They are honest and do a great job and it is family owned and operated! And the owners are super nice!! If your car needs looking at take it here!!!) to have the ac fixed, yes my ac has been awful! It was quite fun driving around in 100+ weather in ac that didn't work! When I got it back and it blew ice cold air on me I was in heaven!! But this is not what my post is about.......so we dropped off my car and then went to Michael's to get supplies for a project for Nutterbutter's room. Then to the scrapbook store for the same project. Then to Sherwin Williams for paint colors for Nutterbutter's room. Then to the fabric store, to get fabrics for Nutterbutters room. The fabric store took forever!!! At least an hour!! Brent was there helping with it all! Giving input and being excited and supportive! Then we came home and guess what we did, we cleaned! Brent helped in the cleaning out of Nutterbutter's room, so we can paint and get things set up and ready (only 10 weeks left now). Then we went and got a crib! So excited to have it! It's not perfect, it will be when I'm done with it though. Then after dinner, Brent scrubbed the tub! I've been meaning to do this forever but just the thought of it makes my back hurt! Bless this sweet man for scrubbing my tub so I can now take a bath, which I hear helps with things such as hip pain, which I am blessed to experience! All this and only once did he complain! You thought I was going to say he never did, come on he's great but he's still human, and a male human at that!! Then this morning when we woke up I asked him what he wanted to do today thinking, after yesterday, he'd say, hang out, watch a movie, relax. Nope he says let's finish cleaning out Nutterbutters room! So here's to Brent! And here's to another productive day (just as soon as I finish this post!)

Oh just one more thing about Brent. Over the 4th of July my brother and nephew were here visiting and my nephew was doing a great job of helping us figure out how non baby proofed our home is! In the process he was emptying my book shelf. He took one of my old journals over to Brent. Brent was flipping through it and found two lists I had made....What I Want In a Husband & Who I Want To Be As A Wife. It made my heart so happy that as Brent read the lists I had made all the way back in 1998 he was describing himself! Out of the whole list he had all but two of the qualities I had wanted. One was a good dancer and he's already said he'd take a dance class with me sometime! So we can work on that one ;-) The other was an RM, which I had removed from the list in the years after that, after meeting a few too many RMs who did not meet my standards. I had realized what was important was that he loved me, loved the lord, could go to the temple with me, and righteously held the Priesthood! Brent met those requirements! Then as he read the things I had hoped to be as a wife, I felt happy to realize I'm not doing too bad! I need to improve in a few areas (housekeeping) but overall I'm where I wanted to be, and I still have plenty of time to improve! I'm so happy that as I look back I can realize that Brent is what I wanted, what I need. That I have put the time, effort, and energy into becoming the woman I wanted to be! It hasn't been an easy road to get to the person I am but I'm glad I took it! I'm just very happy with life right now! And looking forward to even more happiness and joy!!

3 comments:

Brittney Blount said...

That was nice of him. Shopping is definetly not the funnest thing for guys!

Kalena and Justin said...

Yay for Brent!! It was only a little gushy so your ok. And I cant wait to see all the pics from Nutterbutters room. I am so glad that Brent is the man you wanted because I always knew you would become the woman you wanted to be all those years ago. Its just perfect you found it now while overly emotional. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Husband tributes are so great sometimes and this one was awesome. Way to be productive and kuddos for the tub, because you need your relaxing baths.