Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Proud Parenting Moment!



How could I have a proud parenting moment when my child is still in utero you may wonder? Well if you were to wonder that you would be forgetting our fur babies! So Rusty the naughty puppy is really improving. He doesn't chew nearly as much as he used to. If I take the time to walk him he is pretty calm. He listens pretty well now. He is honestly the most submissive dog I've ever seen! Really he's improving a lot! The other night I was just so proud of him! Rusty snores like an 80 year old man! You think I'm exaggerating, but trust me I am not. This dog snores when he's awake even! So when he's dead asleep, listen up, he's sawing logs! So he's definitely not allowed to sleep in our bedroom! He's not even allowed to sleep outside our door. He'll nuzzle his nose right under the door and then he might as well be in the room! He will even manage to keep me awake if he sleeps at the end of the hall upstairs. So I make him sleep downstairs. I know so mean of me right. He has to sleep with Bosco, in his nice fluffy bed! The nightly routine used to consist of Brent and I coming up stairs, I'd close the bedroom door. Less then a minute later Rusty would be laying out side the door. I'd chase him down stairs. He did not do this willingly. I'd have to push him the whole way down the hall, then down the stairs, then I'd have to go half way down the stairs to the landing and chase him all the way down. Then I'd go back into our bedroom, get ready for bed and repeat before getting into bed. Occasionally I'd have to repeat again after getting into bed. Then he improved and I'd only have to push him down the stairs because he'd start out at the end of the hall/top of the stairs. Then eventually I wouldn't have to push him, just tell him to go down stairs, and then chase from the landing. Then he improved more to where I only had to open the door and he'd trot down the hall and down the 1st half of the stairs and I'd only have to chase him down the 2nd half of the stairs from the landing. Then he improved even more and would trot all the way down stairs after I opened the door. Then the other day I opened the door and Rusty was not there!!! I went to the end of the hall, no Rusty! Checked the landing NO RUSTY! This has continued! Occasionally he'll sneak up BUT most nights, he stays down stairs! I was so proud, proud of Rusty for finally getting it (We've had him almost a year, it's taken that long!) and proud of myself for being consistent enough and patient enough to teach Rusty, he sleeps down stairs! It gave me a bit of confidence that I'll be able to do a good job with a non fur baby!!! Which by the way, he'll be here 10 weeks and 2 days from now!! :)
While I was looking through pics to post a couple cute ones of my boys I found these and about peed my pants laughing!!
I know it looks pretty awful but it's really funny. One of our attempts to "cure" Rusty's chewing problem was to get a muzzle. It's mesh and he can breath and drink with it on. We thought it would be prefect to solve the mid-night chew fest he was having every night. Well he didn't chew anything but it sure back fired on us! The first morning after we use it we woke up to a living room floor with bloody stripes all over it! He had pawed at the stupid thing so much he cut his nose open and then in further attempts to get it off was running his face all over the floor. I then had to take stain remover to a million bloody stripes on the carpet. Which seemed almost as bad as picking up tiny pieces of what ever he had chewed. So the next night we put socks on his feet to protect his face. That worked. But honestly he was like a broken dog! He just laid on the floor crying! He didn't even move. I felt so bad for him we didn't use it after that! But we do have some funny pic from the growing pains of Rusty!
This was the first pic after we had wrapped him up to protect him. He just laid there like that for the longest time! So sad!
And just because they are so cute here's one of Bosco and Rusty playing together! Such good buddies!
How could I resist posting this little gem! My favorite boys (shhh don't tell Rusty but Bosco wins the favorite dog award hands down!)

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Dogs. I have one and swore after the last one that I wouldn't have anymore, but alas we have our "Lady". Now I can't part with her. I loved the pictures!