Monday, January 18, 2010

2010 Goals 2009 Review

Review:

We had a baby!

My cousin lived with us.

Had a relatively easy pregnancy, but with a few scary moments along the way.

Fell more in love.

Learned a lot about painting.

Tried some fun crafts.

Filled our home with more stuff then I thought it would hold (thanks to Croix).

Laughed a lot.

I was Girls Camp director, at 6 mo. pregnant.

I was released as the first councilor in the Young Womens Presidency only to be called as the secretary as soon as girls camp was done.

Brent continued to teach the youth in Sunday school.

We developed treasured friendships.

Caught a glimpse of the love our Heavenly Father has for each of us.

Had more first then I can list.

Gave and received many many, kisses, hugs, caresses, snuggels.

Brent did over 100 pages of homework for school.

We've learned how to work together to take care of Croix.

I learned how to breastfeed.

Brent Continued his employment at SRP.

We spent lots of time with family.

We learned as much as you try, you can never be prepared for everything that is involved in bringing a child into your family and the world.

Due to my not being able to work during my pregnancy we went back to our poor status.

Celebrated our 4th Anniversary.

Brent turned the big 30!

Over all I'd say it's been the best year of our lives yet!



My goals for 2010

My theme for 2010 is

DON'T BE A SLOB!

I feel like this year I've been such a slob. Well not just me, Brent too. Our home has constantly been messy. Part of that due to my having to "take it easy" for the majority of the year, thus not being able to do any deep cleaning. Part of it just being our personalities. Sad to say but we can both be content in a bit of a mess. Also in having a baby we've become slobs in spiritual matters. My dedication to reading scriptures daily and having heartfelt frequent prayer was taken over by pure exhaustion! Now that Croix is sleeping through the night and I'm getting plenty of sleep it's time to get back in the grove! Also we have become physical slobs! Exercise, physical activity, healthy diet what is that? We seem to have forgotten. So here are my goals for this year in an attempt to not be a slob.



Keep my home clean, neat and organized.
Under this I have simple goals like: unload dishwasher when clean and keep sink empty. Put clothes away when washed and folded. Make a cleaning schedule. Vacuum every day.


Start and build a year supply.

I have a monthly guide I'm going to use to help me on this goal. There will be further posts about this.



Read my scriptures daily and pray twice a day by myself, and daily with my family.



Walk 3 time a week and do yoga 3 times a week.



Journal/blog at least once a week.



Be on time to church.
This has only happened twice since Croix was born. I'm very much looking forward to church moving to 12. I'm sure it will be easier to be on time when church is at 12 rather then 8!

Go on more dates.

Have Family Home Evening.

Make a weekly menu and try a new recipe once a week-cook/eat healthier.

Contribute money to a savings account for Croix monthly.

Provide a safe loving home for Croix.

Make Croix laugh and smile everyday!

Grow my business (not much).



I'm excited for a new year and a fresh start.

No comments: