Monday, October 27, 2008

rust, Rusty, RUSTY!!!!!!

So I really had no idea what we were getting into getting a puppy! He has chewed just about everything! Thankfully nothing of any significant value yet! Saturday we cleaned up really well. Put up everything he could chew on, moved all the DVDs off the floor, made sure there was no mail sitting out, put all of our shoes in a bin, etc. But still this morning he had chewed up a photo album from the book shelf (apparently the bottom shelf is no longer safe, I have no idea what I'm going to do with the stuff there!). He also chewed up our movie from Blockbuster. We do online movie rentals so they come in an envelope and you mail them back in the same envelope. Well it was sitting on the DVD player all ready to go and he got it and chewed it up! I don't know how I'm going to get the movie back to Blockbuster now! Which thankfully the movie was fine, just not the envelope! He also attacked my plant! He chewed up my money tree!!! That can't be good! He seems to mostly like paper/cardboard. We got a new trash can, one a little more Bosco proof, and we forgot about the box. The next morning the packaging was chewed to bits! So I decided since he likes boxes so much maybe he'd like being IN the box. So I put him in and closed the top up. I figured he'd knock it over and get out. But he didn't seem to be able to knock it over but, there was a hole in the side and he kept sticking his nose and paws out! It was too cute!

No need to worry we're not abusing Rusty! He was only in the box about long enough to snap the pic! He seemed happy as could be to be in there! He really is fun, it's just always a surprise what new mess we'll find in the morning!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You have loootttss of patience! I don't think I could handle all of that. More power to you and I hope it gets better soon.

Hilary said...

This is why, when we get a puppy (yes, I said when), he's livin' outside! You are crazy! :)