Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where Does it Come From?

So our cute adorable little Rusty has been such a delite to have! He is so much fun! He and Bosco are really bonding, which is the most important thing! In fact on Sunday we were at Brent's parents for dinner. His sister Erica and her family came over and brought there puppy Taylor. She is about 2 mo younger then Rusty but she's a Rottweiler German Sheppard mix. So she's already bigger then Rusty. But they are both puppies with WAY too much energy and they had so much fun in the big back yard! They just chased each other all over the place and then they would wrestle! It was so cute! But the best part was Bosco! Rusty and Taylor were running (she was usually chasing him) and Rusty yelped, Bosco jumped up went and ran in between the two of them and just gave Taylor this look. It put a smile on my face to see that Bosco has become protective of his new little brother! It's also funny that I used to think Bosco had a lot of energy. Boxers are a high energy breed and he can get quite bouncy and hyper at times, but nothing compared to a puppy!!!! We too him to the vet shortly after getting him which I'm glad we did. Turns out my suspicions of him being mistreated were pretty accurate. He is under weight and has ring worm (still waiting for the labs to confirm). Also he's not current on his shots so we had to get that done. Well since he's not current on his shots the Vet said not to walk him for 2-3 weeks. This is to try and prevent him from getting parvo or valley fever. Since you can get both of them from the air, dirt, other people/dogs it's not really safe to walk him, espically with him being under weight! The vet said that most likely he wouldn't survive being under weight. So no walks. The very next morning after going to the vet I get up and I'm watching the morning news and Rusty literal ran for an hour non stop!!!! Up the stairs, down the stairs, into the kitchen, over to the front door, out the back door, repeat! For an hour! He had so much energy I had no idea where it came from!!! But where ever it came from I needed to do something to help him get rid of it!! The next morning was just about the same thing so I decided if I can't walk him outside I'll just walk him inside! So that's just what I did. I put a leash on him and we paced the house for an hour! He didn't seem like such a fan at first but after a while he caught on to the idea and did great on our indoor walk! And it seemed to work, he went and slept after our walk so I think I did a good job of helping him get rid of some energy!

You know who else has so much energy I wonder where it comes from, little kids! The family I've been nannying for has had some things that have kept them out longer then usual. So I've been working late and doing dinner, evening entertainment, and putting kids to bed. I think I decided 4 kids is too many! I think we'll stick with 2 or 3! The almost 3 year old has decided she no longer needs a nap, although she really does! For a week now I've put her down and she is constantly getting back up! We decided to try telling her she didn't have to take a nap just to have quite time. Thinking maybe she'd fall asleep reading a book or quietly playing with toys. NOPE! This girl is stubborn! They don't spank there kids (which I think is fantastic!) but time out doesn't always work either, so here is her solution. Hot sauce on the tongue. After doing this (about the 50th time of her getting out of her bed) I found out this is way worse the spanking! And you don't teach them to be violent! You would think I was tearing her apart limb by limb with the screams that came out of her mouth after putting a tiny dab on her tongue. But even as tortuous as that was for her she was still getting up!! I even did it once more and she still was getting up! Talking with her mom about it she said we're just going to have to do it EVERY time she comes out of her room! Also one of the twins must be teething, he's been so cranky lately and they are both normally really happy babies! Now I can handle a little fussing and crying, that's part of taking care of a baby, but I'm a little worried he is going to give himself brain damage! He keeps throwing himself back onto the floor! And he'll do it on the tile! Or throw himself back into a table or something else hard! Which then just makes things worse! Poor kid! But I really do love them! They are beautiful children despite growing pains! And I'm still loving taking care of them! It is the best part time job I've ever had!

Ok I have to go walk my dog in my house in circles 100 times! Anyone want to join the pacing party?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys look like you are always doing so many fun adventurous things! I'm a little jealous:)