Wednesday, June 3, 2009

How Are You Feeling? And The Cup Cake Story

I've thought and laughed about this post a lot. So I've noticed that everyone always asks how I'm feeling, always in regard to pregnancy. I've also notice and observed that most people really only want to hear about 3 things, cravings, morning sickness and fatigue. Other then that most people just don't talk about how they are really feeling. Either that or I'm the only one with way more pregnancy symptoms then those 3, and actually I haven't had any morning sickness so......

So I really just want to be honest with people when they ask me how I'm feeling! But I don't know that the world is ready for the honesty I'm capable of! So since I don't have to see the looks of shock and horror on your faces I'm going to be honest on here!

Over all I honestly have felt great, but I've had enough gas that I feel like I could bomb Iraq! I've also been getting heart burn so bad that I feel as though I could breath fire. I feel like I could be a side show at the circus, the fire breathing woman, watch out folks, don't get too close, you might loose your eyebrows! I could also show you a gnarly rash that started on my elbow, then it was on my shoulder, then my chest, then my low back, now my stomach. Don't worry it's finally after 2 months starting to clear up! The one on the elbow now looks like a man elbow, dry crusty and disgusting, any one need any sanding done? My elbow would be glad so come by and grind away, it's rough enough! Let's not even talk about the snail trail that's developed. If you've ever been pregnant you probably know what I'm talking about, if you don't be grateful. Despite my honesty I don't think I can go into details about this one. Just know it's not fun! How about constipation! Lets hear it for constipation, the pregnant woman's new best friend! Or the fact that my skin is constantly itchy and dry. Would you like to come and see my pimple garden. It's an area formally know as my back, chest, face. If you'd like to see you'd better come quick it's being taken over by a rash! If you've ever wondered what Terina would look like fat just come over in the evenings! At least my hands and feet will look fat! My toes and fingers turn into sausages! I also have basically moved to the bathroom. Between trying very hard to stay hydrated and Nutter Butter using my bladder to practice his super soccer kicking skills, I'm pretty much always there! No one warned me that my gums would become a bloody battle field after getting pregnant every time I floss! But they do! I really do enjoy waking up at night with painful hips, it's the highlight of my night! At least it add diversity and I'm not just always waking up to pee. How about the joy of raging hormones!! It's like being on a roller coaster all the time! An emotional roller coaster! Oh and wait I almost forgot pregnant brain! No it's not something people make up, it's real! I decided this after forgetting how old I was!!!! And basically forgetting everything!

These symptoms sometimes make for funny stories, for example sit back and enjoy the story of the cup cake. I had made cup cakes. I had a meeting and just before the meeting realized that I had a couple cup cakes, and strawberries, and whipped cream at home! My mind was imagining the best desert the world had ever know! I was distracted during the whole meeting thinking about how great it was going to be and taste!! I skipped desert after the meeting, rush home to make my delicious desert only to find that Brent had eaten the last of the cup cakes! (Enter crazy woman) I lost it! I was yelling,
"Brent!!! Did you eat the cup cake?!?!?!"
To which he meekly replied, "yes"
"How could you have eaten the cup cake?!?!? I was going to make a desert for myself!! With the cup cake, and strawberries, and the whipped cream!!!"
"I'm sorry!!"
"I've been imagining this all day! It was going to be so good! HOW COULD YOU EAT THE CUP CAKE!!!!!"
"I'm sorry do you want me to go to the store? I'll go buy you more cup cakes?"
At this point the fear and surprise in his eyes snapped me out of the crazy woman mode. I said no, that's ok. It's ok...........sorry! It's not a big deal......you didn't know....it's not a big deal......sorry for going crazy over a cup cake!

See funny right?!?! Yeah being pregnant is fantastic! I really do love it! I even have loved all the crazy symptoms! There have been a couple times I've had heart burn so bad that I just said my mantra over and over........It's ok I'm pregnant and it's all worth it! It's ok I'm pregnant it's all worth it! And weather you believe it or not the majority of the time when I grip about some down side of pregnancy it's usually followed by...but it's ok I'm pregnant. I really am just so grateful to be pregnant and enjoying every minute, good and bad!

12 comments:

Kalena and Justin said...

Its so sweet of you to be honest about how fun being prego is. And you know what I dont think you will find a mom on earth who will tell you it isnt worth it. No matter how much we all gripe. You were right it did make me laugh and dont worry at least it ends. And all you have to show for it is something that will make your heart feel more love then even thought you could.

Wait that might induse tears. Hummmm something funny......

President Anderson threating to turn our leader in to CPS after the centenial hike!

therealmccoy said...

Could you please just tell us how you really feel...:)
I love and appriciate the honestly. While everyone knows it is a miracle and a beautiful process, it's okay to admit that parts are not so lovely.

Morgan said...

I laughed my way through your post!!!

Crazy-pregnant for me was when I would cry over commercials. Or even worse, literally panic if I wasn't exactly sure when my next meal would be. (ex. would it be 5pm? 6pm? Heaving forbid it be 7pm!!!)

In a few years, your new mantra will be like mine "Children are a joy and blessing!" Repeat over and over until you finally can believe it! :)

Lisa said...

OMG. Best blog ever. I can TOTALLY feel the feeling of the cupcake story. Im not kidding you. I have so felt that rage before. And it's actually a serious thing. LOVE IT!

Rochelle and Spencer said...

I so loved your blog. I have been there and done that. You Should read Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. SO Funny!! She talks all about the stuff most people don't talk about during pregnancy. Once your little one is here you will be glade you went through all that.

AZ Larsens said...

Girl...I can TOTALLY sympathize on the heartburn issue. Never had it a day in my life until pregnancy. I literally broke down in tears in my dr.'s office about it! lol! Did you know they can prescribe something to help? I've never been so happy in my life as when I took that RX and FINALLY had some relief! lol

The Payne family said...

That is a great story! Thanks for sharing! I think it's about time you post some pictures of your cute pregnant self!

Marilyn said...

I love reading your blog! You are so honest and pretty darn funny. The cupcake story was the best!!

Just US said...

Terina, that was hilarious! I have tried (unsuccessfully) every pregnancy to write the "real" story. I laughed through your whole post! Thank you for writing the "real" story!

Nicole said...

Soooo funny! Gas and heartburn were pretty much the story of my pregnancies, so I can totally sympathize! Good luck! :o)

Kendra said...

I have to agree with (and laugh at) most of the symptoms. I'm lucky enough to not have the rash but the rest of it, I definitely can relate to. It's so worth it though - there really is nothing cuter than your own child and nothing brings greater joy than being a mom. I'm just glad the pregnancy is going well for you (as in no problems, just the fun stuff to deal with)! I hope things continue to go well. Good luck with everything!

Amanda said...

Woooow. How eloquently you convey your prego misery. LOL Very funny!