Tuesday, June 30, 2009

28 Weeks

Also know as 7 months!


We had an ultrasound on Fri. It was so cool! We saw Nutterbutter hold his foot with his hand! We also saw him take a big yawn and then stick his fingers in his mouth! We got a DVD of him doing that but it's some weird file type so I have to convert it to another type....blah blah blah. I will try and get it up, because it's pretty cool! We also got some 3D pic. I think it's kind of funny all the 3D pics look pretty much the same to me. But I also think newborns look pretty similar too! The ultrasound tech had a hard time getting a good 3D pic! She said the cord kept getting in the way. It was so weird, on the 2D it looked like it would be a great pic, then she'd switch to 3D and it would not be good at all! It was so cool to get a 3D pic of our little Nutterbutter! Even if it wasn't the best 3D pic ever! And it was so fun to see him moving around and doing different things! We can't wait till he's here!



The check up went well except one thing

I FAILED MY GLUCOSE TEST!!!!
I was so ticked when the Dr told me that! My Dr. and I were both shocked that I failed! I'm not quite sure how I failed! Brent keeps saying I didn't study hard enough! Ha ha funny boy! (eye roll) I didn't fail by much, they want you to be at 130 and I was 138. So she's very optimistic that I'll pass the 3 HOUR test. I'm just irritated I even have to take the 3 hr test! They will draw my blood 4 times in 3 hrs! And I have to sit in a stupid lab for 3 HOURS!!! As you can guess I'm not a happy camper about this! I think I'll eat nothing but meat, peanut butter, cheese and veggies for the next 4 days and then go take the test! Doesn't that sound delicious!?!?! So hopefully I'll go take the test again and everything will be great! That's what we are hoping and praying for.....do you want to say a prayer for me too? Thanks I appreciate it!

Also I was a little apprehensive about taking the test because all I've heard is how awful it is! The drink is nasty, the wait is torturous, etc, etc, etc. Well I just have to say I don't see what the fuss is all about! The drink tasted like a Gatorade. I brought a book so the hour went by quickly. It was no big deal! I was a little shocked when she went to draw my blood and had 5 viles! She just kept sucking the blood out of me!

I'm still feeling great! Massages and chiropractic really help my hip pain. Mostly the massages! Pepcid AC is my new best friend! It takes a minute but works much better then tums for heart burn and doesn't taste nasty! I laughed at my pregnant self the other day. I canned some cherries (post coming about that soon!) and after sitting at our tall dinning room table for hours with my feet dangling my feet had almost double in size! They were so swollen my toes couldn't even touch the floor! I laughed at that and then I laughed at my waddling self! I said to Brent I know now why pregnant women waddle! It's not a big belly, it's the big feet! LOL I really was so entertained by my pregnant self! Lets see if I'm still as amused 2 months from now :-D Also I felt him have hiccups for the first time the other day! Too cool! Although I hear that gets to be not so cool after awhile too! Things are great! Just praying I pass my test!

6 comments:

Morgan said...

Very fun update!

I never minded the glucose test, but I passed so I never experienced the 3 hour one.

Brittney Blount said...

I didn't pass the glucose test the first time either but I did the second. And it is not fun sitting in the dr's office for 3 hours. But it is better then having diabetes. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Cute cute pictures. You look adorable and so does that cute baby growing inside you. Great post.

Emily said...

Good luck on the glucose test! You look so little and cute pregnant! I was huge when I was that far along. Glad to hear things are going well with the pregnancy!

AZ Larsens said...

I've never minded the glucose test either, I thought the drink was just fine, tasted like Orange Crush or something!
I failed the one hour test with Samuel and did the 3 hour test. It's not so bad. Just bring a good book! It just so happened mine was the day I got Breaking Dawn in the mail...lol...so I was MORE than happy to go to my 3 hr. dr. appointment and read while someone else watched my kids!
I'm sure you'll pass just fine!

Kalena and Justin said...

Im sure you will pass the 3 hour test this time and I hope she gave you a few more guide lines for this one.Just take a book that you can enjoy for that long. You are looking very very cute with that prego belly. And the first few Hickups are the best. So are the later ones. It can just get hard to sleep when your belly is jumping around and you learn not to sit at a booth if he gets them around meals :)