Friday, July 16, 2010

Neighbors

Ours are awful!  When they first moved in they were so bad!  The very same weekend they moved in they were up both Saturday and Sunday nights making noise in the middle of the night and waking us up!  That Saturday they were pounding on the walls, probably hanging pictures at 5 in the morning, and then again at 6:30!  We promptly contacted the owners.  They used to be our neighbors, the moved and have rented out their house.  They said they would speak with the tenant.  The noise got better.  The neighbors did not.  Our other neighbors have a baby the same age as Croix.  One day she had just put her little boy down for a nap when they started reving the engine of their big truck right out side their house, where the baby was sleeping.  So she went out and yelled at them.  THEY DIDN'T EVEN STOP!!!!!  That is the kind of people they are.  They just have no consideration for other people.  They are garage dwellers, partyers, noisy drinkers, we are sick of them!  What ever the owners said to they only helped for a little while.  They got bad again.  We decided maybe if we started calling the cops on them they would stop.  I contacted the police department to see if there were regulations on when I could call, how loud they needed to be, or anything like that.  I was told that as long as we considered their volume unreasonable we could call.  The person I spoke to even told me that I should call as soon as they start to get loud rather the waiting until they are really loud since a noise disturbance is a non emergency call and it can take up to an hour for officers to respond.  She also said, call often, when ever they are loud.  So that's what we started doing. 
This past weekend was just ridiculous.  Sunday at 2:30 in the morning they woke us up.  So we called the cops.  All day Sunday they were loud and obnoxious.  Sunday evening at about 8:30 they were being pretty loud, but we decided it was still early we'd wait and see if they quited down by a reasonable time before we called the cops.  Almost as soon as we decided that some man starts yelling, I mean really YELLING!
Not only was he yelling but every other word was an obscenity, the majority of those being the F word.  Then we heard people saying, let's go, let's get outta here, get the kids inside.  Then we heard pounding.  We picked the phone up and called the cops!  Since it sounded like there was a fight or some type of disturbance they came right away.  Right after they quited down (the cops came) there was knocking at our door.  Brent went down stairs to see if maybe it was the cops.  I didn't think it would be since every time we called we called anonymously.  It was not the cops, it was our drunk obnoxious neighbor.  He would not stop ringing the bell and knocking on the door.  Brent finally answered worried that he was going to wake up Croix.  (He should not have answered!  I would much rather have had a waken baby then a husband with a gun shot wound from some psycho!)  They guy just started going off!  Yelling at Brent.  I was upstairs and getting madder and madder at this idiot!  So I started down the hall prepared to give him an ear full.  I was ready to unleash the red headed furry and Irish temper that seldom comes out on this man that had been disturbing our lives for months.  As I got to the end of the hall and heard him yelling even louder I realized he was drunk and probably dangerous.  I turned my self around and called the cops yet again, this time rather then thinking about all I wanted to say to him, I was thinking about Brent's safety.  Right about the time I connected with the police Brent just closed the door on him.  We waited for the cops to come out....AGAIN.  The officer told us there really isn't much they can do other then ask them to keep it down.  Unless we want to be the victims of their disorderly conduct.  To do that though the neighbors have to still be making noise when the cops get here, which can take an hour!  He did recommend contacting the HOA.  We have done that.  We also contacted the owners again.  They did say with all the problems we are having and their late rent they think it's time for them to go!  I really hope they are serious.  In the mean time I bought a sound machine to help drown out their noise and we are praying for a resolution.  Oh and did I mention the neighbors with the baby, who we really like and got along with wonderfully moved!  Not so happy about that.  We are REALLY hoping to get some more great neighbors there.  I don't know if I can handle having two awful neighbors!  Oh and did I also mention that again Tuesday at 130 in the morning they were out in their back yard making noise woke us up.  Despite the previous confrontation I once again called the cops!

1 comment:

Ashley Loe said...

We loved having you guys as neighbors and miss you, too. How are the neighbors doing with noise these days? Anybody moved into our place yet? I can't believe you are getting ready for Croix's 1st birthday already. CRAZY:) Parker's isn't too far off. Maybe you will have to make a trip to MN for it...;)