Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day

I never really liked Valentines Day.  I always felt like it was a manufactured holiday.  Even after getting married I felt the same way.  (So it wasn't a bitter single thing)  The past couple years it's started to grow on  me.  What's so wrong with a day to really remember the ones you love.  To be thankful for the love in your life.  To me this stretches beyond a spouse or boyfriend.  There is love in my life from other family members, friends,  random people can put a happy smile on my face and make me appreciate love (like the elderly couple holding hands through the grocery store).
  Now I think, I don't want chocolates or flowers, I'm not going to buy stupid cards, but I will appreciate the love in my life.

This year Croix and I wrote 50 things we love about Brent.  We put some of them in balloons, some on hearts we cut out.  I put up some streamers.  Our living room was full of love. 








I had a hard time keeping Croix from popping the balloons until Brent got home.  When Brent finally got home and Croix could pop the balloons I would tell him "now go give Daddy his love".  It was fun.
This morning when we got up Croix wanted to go downstairs and "get some love" <3.  It was as much for Croix to decorate, as it was for Brent. 

We were lucky enough to have Brent's Mom come watch Croix for us so we could go out.  So for the first time in the 7 years that we've been together we went out ON Valentines Day.


To Quote The Format:
"I love love!  I love being in love!"

1 comment:

Artsy Aut said...

Very cute! What a fun idea. And your house looks so clean!! Way to go!