Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Things That Go Bump In The Night

Last night at about 11pm I woke up to a dog barking. After laying there for a little bit I realized it was our dog. I hate when people don't make there dogs shut up so I quickly did something about it! I nudged Brent and told him, that sounds like Bosco go tell him to be quite :) That's what husbands are for! Just after Brent got up to go down stairs Bosco started howling!! Now if you don't know Bosco you don't know that he only howls when he is very worked up about something. Also he is not a barker! I think we had him a good 4-5 months before I heard him bark for the first time. When he does bark it's usually one or two barks and that's it. So I was a little freaked out that Bosco is in the back yard barking over and over and then howling! It gave me the feeling something was wrong!!! Well Bosco stopped and then just a little bit later (less then 2 min, maybe less then 1 min) our neighbors dog starts barking!!! (ok this is where my over active imagination comes in and gets me into trouble) Brent was not coming back up stairs! I got so worried about him! I'm picturing some burglar standing just outside our door with a gun or something awful like that! I was so relived when Brent finally came back up stairs! (Really only a matter of a few min but it seemed like a long time) About the time Brent came back up stairs we heard a car leave, not sure where from but it was the middle of the night and we heard a car start and drive off! Now that is the story. I'm not quite sure what to think of it! Maybe there was some burglar lurking around in our neighborhood. Maybe it was just a really big cat that the dogs were barking at (although I'm inclined to not believe that because Bosco doesn't usually bark at cats). Maybe it was some teenager trying to pull a prank. What ever it was I'm a little weirded out!

3 comments:

Stephen and Erin said...

Yeah that would have scared the wits out of me!! I'll keep my eye out for any over sized freak cat that might have changed Bosco's mind about barking at cats!

Emily said...

I always get freaked out in the night too - good thing you didn't find out what it really was - better off not knowing.

Anonymous said...

I hate being scared at night. That's why I am glad we have guns :) Hope you have a good day! BTW I liked your gratitude post-good reminder to write those things in the journal.