Friday, August 7, 2009

Climbing The Walls.....Eating The Walls

I'm going to try very hard to not make this a poor me, pity party post! I've be SO BORED lately! I haven't been able to work for months now. I'm to the point that TV is no longer entertaining, the Internet has come up lacking. My house work/chores that need to be done have been incredibly neglected. It seems hard to find motivation to clean in the morning when I know I have all afternoon. Then as the afternoon is slipping away I just remember I still have no life tomorrow and could do it then. Could is the key word as weeks have gone by since my laundry has been completely done! We've developed this awful cycle of washing the clothes, I bring the upstairs put them on the bed so I'll HAVE to put them away before we can go to bed. Then bed time comes, the clothes are still not put away and we are both dead tired. So into the laundry basket they go. Repeat daily for about a week or so and that is how laundry has been done lately at our house. Dishes pile up until we have no more and I HAVE to do them so we can eat. So instead of cleaning I have scenes like this.

Disgusting right?!?! Well this is how my house seems to be looking lately! Thankfully I think "nesting" is starting to kick in! I'm getting more motivation! But usually I've been channeling that motivation into baby projects, lamps, throw pillows, stalking craigslist for certain things. Hopefully once those things are done I'll be able to channel my motivation into my house! It seems so absurd to me that will all this time I can let my house get so messy! But I'm sorry housework does not seem like a good solution to boredom! I'm so bored I feel as thought I "could climb the walls" Apparently I'm not the only one who is bored our of their mind in this house. My poor dogs have not gotten good walks and trips to the dog park in ages. Thanks to my threatening preterm labor exercise is out. No morning walks. So the other day I was sitting at the computer (I can usually be found there or in front of the TV) and I heard this really loud crunch. Instantly wondered what Rusty was chewing on! Jumped out of the chair looked down the hall just in time to see Rusty take another good chomp on my house! He was chewing my walls! The baseboards to be precise. He is lucky to still be living! MY HOUSE!!!! HE WAS EATING MY HOUSE!!!!! I couldn't believe it! This was in the morning and I was still furious with him when Brent got home that evening. As I'm ranting and raving about how could this stupid dog eat my house?! And I can't have a dog that is going to eat my house! Brent what are we going to do? We have a baby on the way!!! My wonderful thoughtful husband says......well you realize he has literally been cooped up in this house for weeks. I had an instant change of heart. Not that it let Rusty off the hook, there is no good reason to chew on the house, it did help me have a little compassion for my poor puppy. I used to walk them 3-4 times a week for at least 30 min, I'd try and push it to an hour. I tried to take them to the dog park regularly so my puppy could run. And RUN he did! He needs that! And I can't give it to him! So I'm bored enough to climb the walls and Rusty is bored enough to eat the walls! Only 6 more weeks until Nutterbutter will be here and we can start establishing new habits for exercise and entertainment! All of this will be worth it!!

1 comment:

Just US said...

Hang in there! Just think - in 6 weeks it will be getting cool enough for everyone to enjoy the outdoors with Nutterbutter.