Saturday, October 13, 2012

Science Experiments

We did some science experiments the other day.  We started by making quick sand with some corn meal that I found in my cupboard that was two years past expiration!


Photobucket

Checking out the ingredients
Photobucket

Mixing it up

Photobucket Photobucket


Seeing what it feels like.
Photobucket

Spreading it all over
Photobucket
Photobucket
His face cracks me up!
Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket  PhotobucketPhotobucket

After we were done with that I decided to try out corn starch and water.  I'd heard it's pretty cool.
We added blue food coloring to give it a little kick.
Photobucket


Photobucket

We felt it before we added water.  It's squeaky, and soft.
Photobucket

Once you add the water it turns into pure awesomeness!  When you hold still it turns into a liquid and runs off your hand.  But once you start moving it gets hard.  When you put your hand in the bowl if you move slowly you can move with ease, but speed it up and it turns hard.  It was so fun.  I even was laughing and having fun with it!
Photobucket

He quite enjoyed the goupiness of it!
Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket

He was sure Maizy wanted to help and experience it too.
Photobucket


Photobucket

It was not for the faint of heart when it comes to a mess.  What a huge mess!  Lucky for me I let Croix keep playing while I started dinner.  Then Brent came home and cleaned it up!  Nice!  Love that man!
Photobucket

Our little observer.
Photobucket

I love doing fun things like this with Croix.  It's just so great to watch him experience new things, new textures and hear how he describes things. 

No comments: