Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Guess What They've All Learned At School..........?

So our cute CTR 5 class have all started kindergarten. They were all very excited and we were excited for them and this exciting new step. I was thinking maybe school would help encourage better "class" behavior. You know raising of hands, sitting still, listening. I know I'm probably overly optimistic but I did hope. Well watching them at church on Sunday I realized they have all learned some new things, but nothing that I would have hoped! We now have a class of nose pickers! It is disgusting! It's like they've all discovered the art of bugger picking! I have brought Kleenex with me and as soon as I see a finger up the nose they are handed a tissue with instructions to "use this!!!" Again I'm hopeful that they will use the tissue. But no they don't. Some of them are oh so kind as to just eat the bugger, but others feel the need to play with the bugger once it has been captured! Oh and show us as well! (my eyes are rolling!!!!) Smear it all over there finger! Ugh. It's disgusting. One has also learned to spit. Not at other kids thankfully but on the chairs and watch it run down the legs! (I'm rolling my eyes AGAIN!!) We also have another little boy who now thinks people are calling him a looser. Yes we had his Mom come up to us after church and say "our little guys said that his teacher called him a looser" Yep that was exciting! It calmly explain I would never call a child a looser! And no I didn't hear any of the other kids say that either. (more eye rolling!!!!!)

The other week one little girl did top them all though! ***Be forewarned if you have a weak stomach you may not want to read further!*** She was sitting on my lap and kept taking off her shoes. I'd try and get her to put them back on, which did not last long. Then she just refused to put them on. I decided as long as she's sitting still we can put them back on before we leave for class. Pick your battles right. But then she started rubbing her feet with her hand. And her feet were VERY dirty. I'd figured out she was trying to clean her feet, but not until after she was licking her hand and then rubbing her filthy foot, licking her hand again and rubbing her foot some more! I about vomited right there in sharing time! I picked her up, right that moment, no shoes and carried her to the bathroom to wash her feet. It wasn't till we got to the bathroom that I remember Brent is in a teacher improvement class during sharing time so that meant I had just left 10 five year olds with out a teacher! Thankfully one of the primary presidency had jumped in and sat with the class during the emergency foot washing!

So to sum up, kindergarten has taught bad habits and 5 year olds can be gross! I do also want to include that they are also way cute and fun when their fingers are not up there noses! Also this Sun. one little girl and boy were holding hands and flirting! It was too cute! And another little boy has apparently learned a few of the songs and is now singing with enthusiasm! At the top of his lungs! Adorable!

4 comments:

The Payne family said...

Gross! I have to say, you have it much worse than I do. My little sunbeams have not learned such things. I don't know how you deal with 10 kids! Holy cow!

Hilary said...

too funny! I had a class of about 20 4-5 year olds. Not many of them picked their noses, but we had some fun instances as well. I had to stop myself from laughing when one of them loudly blurted out "This SUCKS!" as we started doing a craft. I love kids

Shelece & Josh said...

Oh, that's good stuff. My daughter decided to see what would happen if she pushed a chunk of apple up her nose. Needless to say it got stuck, she started crying and I had to plug the other side of her nose and make her blow it out. It landed on my arm, with blood. Gross!

Amanda said...

that's freakin nasty. i bet you'll find treasure wiped on the seats as well....maybe even on their church clothes. EEEEEEWWWWWWWW. is this why i don't have kids? lol