Saturday, September 6, 2008

Heaven Bound (Day 1)

We woke up at 4:45 in the morning! Drove over to Brent's parents for them to drop us off at the airport. On the way we hit and killed a bird! I thought to myself, humm not such a great way to start a trip, also not the most pleasant thing at 5:00 in the morning. It was funny on the way to Brent's parents (a 10 min drive) Brent's Mom called, to make sure we were up! I just laughed! UP! I couldn't sleep! No way was I going to over sleep this morning!!! I had checked us in the night before so it went pretty smooth getting to our gate, we just had to check our bag and go through security. In the security line there was a stop sign, on the floor, it was a floor mat. It made me laugh! When we got to our gate and looked at our plane it was HUGE! The biggest plane I'd ever been on! It was the kind you see in movies with three rows! It just kept going and going and going! There was a guy playing a ukulele on the flight singing Hawaiian music. It was pretty cool. I was also impressed by the fact that there were a lot of kids and it was not loud at all! They all did a great job! There was hardly any crying!



When we landed we had to walk all over the air port to find the shuttle to the rental car place. We got there and there was a huge line! Great I thought, then I saw the self check in kiosk! Perfect! Just a few min later we were all checked in. It was a little different car rental place, you just go pick your car. Well all that was left was a stupid car I didn't want. So I went and asked if they had anything in the back being cleaned we could wait for. And they did! They had the exact car I had been headed to before some lady took it! It was just a different color! So we got a Pontiac Grand Prix we forgot to take a pic so just click if you 'd like to see what it looked like! It was a nice car! It had the radio controls on the steering wheel! That was fun and it had lots of power!






From the car rental place we went straight to the Poli look out. Honestly one of the most beautiful places on earth! The view was breath taking! Just unbelievable! It was so high up that you could see forever! You could see mountains, and all the way to the ocean! In the parking lot there were wild chickens! Which we continued to see all over the island the rest of the trip! From there we drove to Kailua and ate lunch at Teddy's Burgers! WOW what a great burger! Equally as good as Joe's Farm Grill. Which I had previously declared to be the best burger I've ever eaten!






Then we headed to the Ihilani Resort and Spa. Holy Cow! Nicest place we've ever stayed! There were even flowers in the middle of the revolving door into the lobby! When we got into our room there was a guy hiding out behind the couch with the phone! My first thought was, ooohhh an employee sneaking into a room on there lunch break! But he was just there to fix the phone! That will teach me to jump to conclusions! So we just went to check out the resort and say hello the the ocean! The resort had cool ponds with sting rays and sharks and tropical fish! It also had it's own private beach and lagoons! Beautiful! I got there and immediately realized how much I had missed the beach and island life and the ocean, even humidity! Oh the smell and the feel of ocean air! There is nothing the same! It was so great to be back in tropical weather! When we got back to the room we found out there are Japanese channels in Hawaii, which surprised me just getting there but after being there a week that was no surprise to me at all! It was wonderful to get settled in and unpacked. We did our best to stay awake till at least 7! Which we did! It did help to stay up later then we wanted to we could sleep in a little later then usual. But it didn't help too much! We got to end the day watching the most beautiful sun set from our balcony! There are trees with tons of birds and they all start chirping at sunset and sunrise! It was kind of funny (at night but not so much in the morning) It was unbelievable how loud they were! We got some video of if so you can hear!

No comments: