Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Annivisary!!! (Day 3)

On vacation and we are still waking up at 4:30!!! Ugh! Oh well it helped us get an early start on the day! Once we were up and going we went down to get the car and leave. When the valet pulled up I went to get in and my skirt blew practically over my head!!! It was a Marilyn Monroe moment for sure! We were both laughing! My skirt proved to be a problem until I changed!! It was a very windy day and a pretty poofy skirt! We went to McDonald's for breakfast and the line was forever long! So we just went in, thinking that would be faster, nope! It made me wonder if it was the only McD's on the island?? I know it's not but geesh! But they did have a sign that said Mahalo, thank you in Hawaiian. I thought that was cool!








From there we drove up to the North Shore. It was very pretty, but definitely not the nicest beaches on the island! We drove to the temple and walked around. From there we decided to just drive along the north shore. We saw BYU Hawaii and pulled in to check out the campus. If I were ever to go to BYU (very unlikely!) that would be where! We just drove and drove and ended up at the east/or windward coast. But the drive was so beautiful we turned around and headed back the way we came. There were also a few places we wanted to stop that we had already passed.



We stopped at Giovannis for lunch. It is a scary looking truck on the side of the road! I never would have dreamed of stopping there had it not been for the fact that Desiree said it was the best shrimp ever! She was so right! When you get there you place your order and take a number and wait for your food. We took a ticket and it was number 49. The next person was called up and we hear 17. No way did we hear that right? The next person 18! Then we figured they must be using two pads! Nope there was just that many people in front of us! But it was worth the wait! It was SO good! And while we waited we made some friends. There was a nice couple that had retired to Hawaii! They were married for 26 yrs! I love meeting people like that! Such an inspiration! They were very nice. And she had the biggest rock I've ever seen on her hand! It was at least like 10 carats! Enormous! There was another couple there for there Ann. too. They were from the OC. They were there for 10 years! It was nice to chat and meet some new people! It made the 40 min wait go by a little faster! After lunch we stopped at the gas station so I could use the bathroom. (I know again you are probably thinking why do I need to hear about Terina's bathroom usage but it's funny I promise!) The restroom was outside around the back. Well I get there and there is a lady standing outside. A line right what's new. But she wasn't waiting to get in she was just standing there. There was no TP. So her husband went to the little burger shop right there to see if they had any. Nope. So he headed into the gas station to ask for some. While he was gone I attempted to get into the men's restroom, that was out of order. But it was locked up. So I went to asked the burger shop if they had any napkins. Not first choice but better then nothing right? Well I go up, no one is there. So I look around for a bell or something. Then this angry woman yells "I DON'T HAVE ANY TOILET PAPER!!!!" Wow Ok I asked, well do you have any napkins. "NO!!!!!" So I hurried away from the very angry woman who I sure hope way lying, remember it was a burger shop!!! Would it really have hurt her to share a few napkins? The guy finally got back with a fresh roll in hand. He had to buy it!!! I guess it's a little ghetto like that at that gas station! From there we went to Ted's Bakery. Great pie! So good! Thanks Nate for the tip!


From there we headed to Waimea Valley. It was so beautiful! It had so many different kinds of animals and plants! It was amazing! It was about a 30 min hike up to an amazing waterfall and swimming hole! We saw wild peacocks running around and of course chickens and tons of other birds! And so many trees and flowers! It was stunning! Simply breath taking! When we were at the water fall we asked a lady to take our picture, with the falls in the back, this is what we gotOh well beggars can't be choosers and I guess can't tell by looking someone if they are a good photographer or not!



We then drove to Hale'iewa a really cute little town. We got some shaved ice there that really was so good, but honestly Bahama Bucks was just as good, if not better with cream! There were cute little shops and a fun bridge to drive over. We were getting tired and looked at the clock. I said oh well it's almost 7 no wonder we are so tired! And then laughed at how funny that sounded! On the way home we passed the Dole Plantation. We also saw a ton of pine trees! It was like a forest from northern AZ in Hawaii?!?! Didn't expect that!


When we got home from our long day we decided to hit the hot tub. But that was a big disappointment! It was more like a lukewarm tub! So we didn't stay long. We were both exhausted and it was so nice to go to bed and listen to the waves crashing in while we fell asleep.

No comments: