Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cali Day One

We left Friday morning for CA and drove through the desert! It's such a long boring ugly drive! Ha ha good thing Brent and I have a good time on road trips! I think the only exciting part of the drive is the windmills. Those are pretty cool. We got to LA easily. The timing of our drive was good. We left about 9 ish so we missed the rush hour traffic in Phoenix and we got to LA about 3 ish, meaning we missed most of rush hour there! It was fabulous! We got to our friend Amanda's place and unpacked got settled in a little. She is running in a marathon later this year for AIDS research and was having a party to do some fundraising. (She is an amazing woman and I'm trying to support her in her fundraising, if anyone can donate even a dollar it will help! The link to her is
http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=LA-1188&Year=2007&EventCode=SF08
I know she would really appreciate it! Ok end of plug!) It was on Sunset in this really cute boutique! She had a DJ there and everything! She had to be there early to set up and Brent and I didn't want to drive because there was only street parking and street parking on Sunset, Friday night, no thank you. So we road over with her and Azam (her boyfriend) and let them set up and we went out to dinner. We went to Bosa Nova, which is a great Brazilian restaurant. If you are ever in LA you have to go! Such yummy food! Then we went and enjoyed the part for a bit. Azam saw Gary Coleman go into the restaurants next to the boutique. So we thought we saw him when we waked past to Bosa Nova. But on the way back we got a better look and it wasn't him in the window. Which really who would expect a celebrity to be seated in the window of a restaurant on Sunset?!?! But it was still fun to know he was in the building next to us. The party was fun and it was interesting to see all the fun LA out fits. Ha ha. Lets just say short short short! I realized as trendy as I may think I am, LA is still a league of it's own! Brent and I walked back to Amanda's apt. (yes she lives that close! Lucky girl!) It was so nice to take a stroll home together at night! Although as is typical for LA even a nice stroll home is entertaining! We were stopped by a guy who introduced himself and told us he's and R&B singer song writer. HE asked us if we wanted one of his cd's. Sure why not we said. We get it in our hands and then he tells us that will be $10 ha ha ha. So whatever we gave him 10 bucks. Then a little bit further down the road some guy stops us to ask if we have any change for a bus ticket so he wouldn't have to ride his bike any further. We honestly did not. But then instead of jumping on his bike and riding on he started telling us this story about how he was hit by a car while he was on his bike and they didn't even stop. But he was hoping to get some money from it. It was funny, and I just kept thinking, I'm sorry dude we honestly don't have any change, and a big long story is not going to magically make change appear in our pockets! Although I did feel bad for the guy, and all he wanted was money for a bus ticket. And LA has quite a few homeless people. It is always sad to see people curled up on the steps of businesses, trying to get some sleep for the night. We passed this cool tree, it was cut like a backward L. You'll have to see the pic it was pretty funny!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

HA! No way! Our favorite part of the trip is the windmills, too! I bet we could fill an entire photo album!

Someone pulled the CD thing with me when I first moved here, too. He put the CD in my hands, I said "thanks" and he told me it wasn't free. These guys know how to sell! I didn't have cash, though, so I just apologized.