Saturday, May 10, 2008

Travis and Stef's Wedding!

Ok so the last day of our vacation was Travis and Stef's wedding. It was perfect. In the morning all the girls got our hair and make up done. That was so fun! It's amazing what a professional can do. Everyone looked amazing! I've never seen my mom look so pretty! The resort where they had the wedding was spectacular! They had a cocktail hour before the ceremony. The actual ceremony was on a deck overlooking the beach at sun set! It was breath taking! Stef's brother became an ordained minister to perform the ceremony. When he first started I was a little worried it was going to be all about Stef but he did a wonderful job! It was funny and touching, we laughed and cried! There was also funny vows to "I will buy you junk food at odd hours of the night. I will watch old black & white movies with you whenever you ask." ... and... "I will close the cupboard doors when you leave them open. I will pick up your dirty clothes when you leave them on the floor." It was hilarious! I don't think Stef was too happy about some of them! But I thought it was a great way of saying, I'll be there for you even in the stupid things, even in the things I might not pick to do on my own. But because it's with you and for you, I vow to do it! It was great. It was super cold and it was windy. Us girls were all just shivering! Then the reception was so nice! The room was just beautiful! Dinner was delicious! Although there wasn't a formal time to dance Brent and I and a few other couples decided to take advantage of the live band and enjoy a moment together. It was beautiful! The whole wedding was like a story book wedding! And we are so happy to formally have Stef as a member of the family now! After the wedding they headed to Australia for there honeymoon. Lucky kids! I hear they had a great time! One other funny thing, Ethan discovered virgin drinks. I think he tried every drink there. Every time I saw him he had another drink in his hand! Silly boy! After the wedding they were giving away some of the flower from the wedding so even though we had a 6 hr drive home I thought I'd try and take some home. I'm glad I did. They made it! We just put them in the trunk and crossed our fingers. I again have to give props to my wonderful husband who carried the flowers from there hotel to our hotel, they weighed like 40 lbs. Not exaggerating! He is amazing! The drive back home was highly uneventfully, which is good. I mostly just watched The Office. Then Amanda and I watch No Reservations. It was a cute movie. Yes my business partner/friend Amanda came home with us then the next three days were spent on non stop business planning. We are getting serious about opening our spa! So expect up dates on that! If you want to see picks from the wedding or the rest of our vacation just click on the ***Our Online Photo Album*** link to the right (at the top of our friends list).

No comments: