Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cali Day Two

The next day we got ups and drove to my families hotel. Not really knowing LA they ended up with a hotel WAY far away! I just laughed as I looked out the window on the way there and realized, they're not even in the city any more! There was wide open fields and grass! We picked up my Grammy to spend the day with us. We took her to he Getty Center. It's an awesome art museum. Just the architecture of the building is worth going there to see. The best part is the admission is free! You only have to pay for parking! We apparently had great timing of when we went! They have a garden and it was spring, need I say more? BEAUTIFUL!!! We took a garden tour and loved it! There were so many different kinds of flowers, unbelievable! I took so many pictures we had to go buy another memory card for our camera. When I was younger we used to call my Great Grandma and my Grandma Granny Flash because they both took so many pictures. Well I told Grammy, I think I got the Granny Flash gene!! The old lady who directed the tour was so funny. She told us we could all call her the old hag! She was hilarious! Oh and the best part was when she decided to give us a topless tour! She had on a sweater that buttoned down the front and the buttons came undone! I was trying to discretely gesture like I was buttoning my shirt but she didn't notice. So when she directed everyone's attention to something where we all had to turn to look I quickly went up to her and pointed and showed her. Great plan right, no one would have know......except, for the tour we all had head sets, and she was miked so we could hear her. So when I pointed she loudly goes, OH! OH MY! Well let me just fix that. So every one quickly turned to see what the fuss was about, and anyone who hadn't noticed, saw. Poor lady! Some one else in the group said to her, you'll just fit in with all the Cali girls. She just laughed and told her, there is such a thing as dignity, which apparently I do not have! HA HA Besides the garden tour there was a great photograph exhibit there. I loved it! I love photography. I have dreams of becoming a fabulous photographic artist! There was also some other sections I really liked. It was so fun! I love spending a lazy afternoon at an art museum. The weather was perfect too! Nice and sunny, light breeze, you couldn't ask for better weather! Oh and did I mention the view from the Getty is AMAZING! It's up on a hill so the view is phenomenal! After we were all tired from the Getty we drove back to Amanda's and just chilled. That is after we got lunch at the Oki Dog. The most disgusting hot dog I've ever heard of. Brent on the other hand loved it! It is two or three hot dogs, chili, bacon, cheese, wrapped in a tortilla. Makes me sick! If you Google it you can see pics, they are nasty! And I can only imagine how many calories are in them! WOW! Any way enough about that! So we napped and rested till dinner time and then we went and met up with my family. We went to Applebee's and had a great time at dinner!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Ah, the aspiring photographer in all of us. All I can say is invest in an expensive camera! HA! Or, really for beginners, find a Pentax K1000 on Ebay for 50 bucks. You will be amazed at what you can do with a real camera.