Saturday, March 3, 2012

Friends!!

The other morning we had the windows open to cool it down. Croix heard what sounded like some kids. He starts yelling friends! Runs out side friends, friends!  Makes me excited for him to have a sister, a friend.  I've tried to teach him to be friendly, nice, welcoming and including to others.  I think he does a great job.  He also now things everyone is a friend.  Which is great at the playground in our neighborhood, not so great at the grocery store when he thinks, creepy, random guys are friends.  How do I teach Croix "stranger danger" and to be friendly and kind?  How do I teach a friendly two year old stranger danger period?  It makes me a little sad We live in such a time that not everyone is a friend, and you just don't know who you can trust, and you can never be too careful when it comes to your children.

1 comment:

Desiree Fryer said...

I found this really awesome website that give good tips for everything you were talking about. I went and signed up for their newsletter and when it comes, its full of good information about taking to your kids about strangers and so many other topics but in a way they understand. Their whole montra is replacing fear with confidence. Just go to http://www.amberalertgps.com/ and sign up for their free newsletter. Hope this help!!