Saturday, March 31, 2012

26 Weeks

Hellooooo Third Trimester.  Well I guess there is a little debate about when the 3rd trimester actually starts.  I divide 40 by 3 and get 26.6 weeks.  So in my world, I'm in the 3rd trimester this week!



I'm still feeling pretty good.  Although I've had moments where I can tell my blood sugar is not good.  The other day we were shopping and I was ignoring the overwhelming feeling I needed to eat NOW.  I just wanted to finish up at the store I was in.  I was looking at clothes on a top rack and got super dizzy.  I felt like I was going to pass out.  I told Brent we needed to go to the food court NOW.  There was another time when I felt like I was going to die unless I ate, and not because I was hungry, but because I could tell my blood sugar was low.  I've also started noticing baby kicking a lot more after I eat.  This happened with Croix and lessened after I started my diabetic diet.  I started having less hope that I don't have gestational diabetes this pregnancy.   To dash all remaining hope I failed the 1 hour glucose test.  My numbers were even higher than when I failed with Croix.  I'm doing the 3 hour test on Tuesday, but feel like it's just to confirm what I already know...I have gestational diabetes again.  Part of me wants to say, well this is most likely my last week of freedom, I'm going to eat all the sweets I can in the next few days.  But really I know that's only going to hurt myself and my baby.  So I'll just watch my carbs from now until I find out for sure.  If I do have it, then I start testing blood sugar 4 times a day.  Strict diet  I was doing fine thinking about this.  Telling myself it's not that bad.  And at least we have testing so I can know and control my diet so I don't have a 10 pound baby.  Then today, tired and hungry, I was in the grocery store and saw lemon bars.  I love lemon bars.  I JUST got lemons to make some.  I almost started crying in the middle of the grocery store.  Sigh....hormones.  It's not so bad and not so long.  I've done it before and can do it again!  (If by some miracle I don't have gestational diabetes this time you better believe I'll be celebrating with a big pan of lemon bars!)

I also keep thinking I have no idea how long to plan before baby comes!  Croix came at 36 weeks, which is only 10 weeks away.  Full term 40 weeks is 14.  I have a friend who's first was born at 36, second 34, 3rd 41!  So I know anything is possible.  It makes it a little difficult for me to mentally prepare.  So game plan, be ready early.

Croix is ready for his sister to get here.  When I went to do the glucose test Brent stayed home with Croix and told him I was at the doctors.  When I walked in Croix says "Mommy!  Home from doctor.  Where's Maizy?"  We've been talking about how we'll go to the hospital and the doctor will help Mommy have the baby.  I guess he just assumed that when Brent said I was at the doctor it was to have the baby.  The other day he was doing this...


and says, I want Maizy out.  I want to hold her.  So of course we had to do this...


I love him and can't wait to see him as a big brother!!

No comments: