Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mail


So I was thinking today, as I stopped to check the mail, how some things just loose their charm as you grow older. For instance, checking the mail. I can remember as a kid sitting out side just waiting for the mail man to come. Trying to sneak out so I would be the only one out there. That way my brothers and sister wouldn't be out there so I could be the only one to carry in the mail. Our mail man even knew who we all were, and was so nice as to bring us candy every once in a while! Now the mail man brings me bills. Not quite as exciting! Or junk mail. The junk mail really only makes me irritated. I just think of how many trees are dying so I can just drop them right in the recycle bin. Stupid things too like the add for the carpet cleaner, coupon for the local deli, and latest porcelain doll available! So here is to the wonder and excitement that you tend to loose as you grow up! Kids enjoy it! It doesn't last long!

2 comments:

Shelece & Josh said...

Amen to that one sister! When I was little I would collect all the colored envelopes from the mailbox, it was so exciting! I had a whole draw full in my dresser.

Hilary said...

Oh, I hear you screamin'! (I can't pull that off, can I)

Since we've moved it's been even worse, too! We have grouped mail boxes, and I just put the junk back in the mail drop...shhh...don't tell. I bet the mail man hates us!

P.S. the WH tour was Incredible! I'm working on the post as we speak