Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We've Been Robbed!!!

So we went up to Prescott on Fri. to get Ethan to spend a couple of weeks with us during his summer break. We just made a quick trip up there, get Ethan, come home. Oh well we did stop at the outlet mall in Anthem on the way. I found some great deals! But that's not the point of the story! We got home and I walked in and came into the living room and saw our bamboo knocked over and on the floor. The vase has rock and sand in it, it looks (or should I say looked) pretty cool. I was trying to figure out why it was on the floor. Did the dogs do it? That would be random. Something felt off, something was not right. Then it hit me, our mirror was GONE!!! I saw the mess and cried out "Brent we've been robbed!!!!" Then I looked to my left, the tv was still there, then looked to the right, nothing else was missing. "Oh wait never mind maybe not!!" Maybe I jumped the gun in thinking we'd been robbed! But by then Brent was already racing in from the garage! He was a little frantic, he came in and I told him oooops actually we weren't. He told me "well you got my heart racing anyway." I went a little further into the room and our mirror was laying on its side half way across the room! It was on the other side of the stairs, that's why I hadn't seen it! Apparently if fell off the wall!! After a year of living on that spot it decided it was time to move! In the process it cracked the end table, and put three big holes in the wall, and some scrapes. But over all I'm amazed that it did not do more damage. The two vases below it, not broken. The glass and candy dish that were on the end table, not broken. The table it's self was only cracked, it would not have surprised me if a whole corner had been snapped off! The mirror it's self only had a dent in one of the corners, it was not broken either! We are glad we just have to patch a few wholes and nothing more! The mystery is just why after a year of contentedness the mirror felt the need to abandon it's post and head toward the front door!!!!



This is the hole by the front door. (the front door is just to the right, bathroom to the left)



The two holes in another wall (to the left of where the mirror is supposed to be hanging)



The scratches the mirror left.



More holes and scratches.




Dustpan full of the former contents of the bamboo vase.



Crack in the end table.



Where the mirror fell. I'm still amazed nothing was broken!



Where the mirror USED to be!!!!



Run away mirror. See how big it is!!! This is why I'm shocked there was not more damage done, the thing is huge!!! We now have to figure out how to rehang it. Obviously the huge anchors we had it the wall were not enough. I had a client suggest Hercules Hooks. If you've never seen the infomercial you don't get it but that was funny to me!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I think it's high time to move out of that place, T. :) I hear Virginia is a lovely place! Seriously though, I think I know what happened with your whole fan/light haunting! My office manager has the same problem. Her neighbors have a remote fan that is on the same frequency, so when they turn theirs on or off, it affects hers, too. And vice versa. So, when you tried to use your remote, it was probably doing the same thing to a neighbor and they think they're going just as crazy. Awesome, eh? Love ya!

The Bray Family said...

Good thing no one was hanging out around the mirror when it decided to go for its escape from the wall!