Monday, June 16, 2008

What a Day!

So Ethan and I decided to take the dogs to the dog park. The high was only supposed to be like 99 So it wasn't too hot in the morning. We went to Cosmos Dog Park in Gilbert. It is a really nice dog park. It's supposed to be one of the best dog parks in the nation. I don't know who goes around rating dog parks but I'm sure there's someone who does. Any way it has a lake for the dogs to go swimming in. Well the lake only has a fence about half way around it. The other half is not fenced so other people at the park can enjoy the lake. Well my problem child Bentley decided to escape! He had not been swimming at all. He is not a big fan of water (makes bath time a joy!) But he decided to tough it for a min jumped in the lake and then jump out on the other side of the fence! Ethan was close thank goodness but not quite close enough to just catch him. Bentley just stood there for a sec. like ok I'm out now what do I do. Then he saw a bird. There was no hope of stopping him after that. He LOVES to chase birds. I have never seen a dog run so fast!!! He ran up a hill and at least a quarter of a mile before he finally stopped. He wasn't even in the park any more! I was running and thinking for sure he was gone forever! That I'd never see him again! That he dash out in front of some car and get mushed! I was also thinking man I need to start working out! I was huffing and puffing, even more then the big bad wolf! I'm so glad Ethan was there, he was able to keep up with Bentley, unlike me who had to keep stopping to catch my breath! We finally did catch him! Thank goodness! That would have been awful to just loose him like that! The were both so warn out from the dog park they slept most of the day! Bentley was so tired he couldn't even move. I would push him with my foot and he would just lay there! Not even move a muscle! ON the drive home they both just collapsed and slept the whole way home!











Bosco was so funny. He climbed in and got on the floor between the back seat and the front seat. I never would have guessed he'd fit there. But apparently he did!!!





Then after we rested from our busy morning at the park Trenton and Seth stopped by. It's always so fun to have them come over! I can never believe how big Seth is getting! I had a great time playing with Seth while Trenton crashed on our couch for a bit. He was super tired. I got some cute pics of him!


He was having fun trying to play rock band!

And Bentley thought he'd play too!

It was a fun day! I'm glad we got to see Trenton and Seth for a little while and I'm glad Bentley was still around to play with Seth!

No comments: