Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer lovin' had me a blast

So we are in the thick of the summer heat here in Mesa! Consistently hitting 110. For those of you who have never experience such intense heat, be grateful! You walk outside and it's like opening an oven, the heat at times feels like it is burning your face!! When you first get in the car it's awful! The air conditioning is not even a relief at the start. All it does is blow HOT air in your face! But despite how uncomfortable it can be at times I still think it's a great place to live! You just have to fugue out how to cope with the high temperatures. I was noticing the other day Bosco is getting fat. A direct result of my not exercising him! Bad I know! But when he got Valley Fever we COULDN'T walk him for a while and then we got out of the habit! So I decided for his health it was time to get back in the habit. Prefect timing, right about the time it's consistently hitting 110 I decided to start going for walks again! The only way to way to take dogs for a walk in this kind of weather is to go early in the morning or late at night. Since Brent and I hit the sack pretty early and try and do things together in the evenings that leaves early morning. So We get up every morning, I make Brent a lunch, and then kiss him goodbye. Then the dogs and I head out. Now even at six in the morning it is still warm for walking. Especially for dogs. They were getting over heated about half an hour into our walk. But We have figured it out. This is how we have learned to stay cool.





He just goes and stands in front of the sprinkler at the park. Works great! Cools him down for the rest of our walk! Bentley on the other hand is not quite at bright at Bosco. He is kind of a prissy dog and hates getting wet! So he will not of his own free will get wet to cool off. So I have to drag him back and forth in front of it a few times till he's sufficiently wet! He actually hates it so much that if we are walking on the sidewalk and the sprinklers come on where we are he tries to run away! Poor little guy just doesn't get that it's for his own good! It's like the sprinklers scare him!
Ha ha speaking of scare.............so my big strong Bosco is pretty much a scardy cat! He is so scared of loud noises. Well the other morning we were walking and it was trash day. ( I never really like walking on trash day, it always seems like the dogs go on the opposite side of the trash cans as I do!) Well we were walking one direction down the street. Then the garbage truck turned down the same street and was headed toward us. Bosco freaked out! I have never seen him do that before but it was like he was fearing for his life. At first he backed into the corner of the garage we were near, but that was not going to work. I had thought we'll just stay put right here, in between houses and let the garbage truck pass us. Bosco had another idea! After he decided the corner was not going to protect him he took off!! Now I tried to get him to at least walk, but that was not going to happen. So I'm sure the garbage man got a good laugh as we RAN away!! Bosco dragging me behind him, booking it out of there! I was laughing as I'm trying to imagine how we much look from the view in the truck. The three of us running away! Had to have been too funny! But poor Bosco was so scared, by time we got around the corner he was shaking! I guess I know for next time, try to avoid the garbage truck!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh, you did not just quote Grease! YIPE! Sounds like a good laugh! :)

Emily said...

That's pretty funny!! Dogs (like kids) do random and hilarious things!!

I really don't know how you can stand that heat. My in-laws live in St. George and it is too much sometimes. It's like you're a sitting duck cooking in an oven!! I bet it's beautiful in the winter! :)