Monday, December 8, 2008

Arizonas Christmas City
























In case you were unaware Prescott (my home town) is the Christmas city of Arizona. I don't know who declared it to be such but I think they were right! There are so many fun Christmas activities to do in Prescott! One that is very dear to my heart is the court house lighting. It's something that I participated in for years! They decorate the court house square with lights and then have a lighting ceremony (think Rockefeller center down sized) where they tell the story of Christmas. All the school choirs sing carols and then they flip the switch and light it up! It is beautiful! The crowd sings along. My favorite part is that it is a Christ centered celebration despite it being a public activity. They tell the story from the bible and the carols they sing are not Rudolph, Jingle Bell Rock, or Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Instead they sing Away in a Manger, Hark the Harold Angels Sing, and Joy to the World! Here are a few pics from the court house lighting.























The choirs on the steps.


















Seth all bundled up! It was cold!














We tried to get a pic of us but Trenton was having trouble focusing. If you notice the tree behind us is in perfect focus!
We also didn't walk around to check it all out since there were a TON of people and we are going to be back up there for Christmas, so I'm sure there will be more pics of the decorations in a later post.


They also have the "Worlds Largest Gingerbread Village" Weather that is true or not I'm not sure but that is what the claim! And it is a pretty big village. It is a fun tradition to go check it out every year. There are lots of cool ones and a train driving through the village.
































While we were there we also visited my Grammy and Great Grammy. Yep Great Grammy! She's still kicking at 93! She has 8 daughters, 40 some odd Grandchildren 104 Great Grandchildren and 3 Great Great Grandchildren! What a legacy this woman has! She is so sweet and I love her! I remember staying the night with her when I was younger and she prayed for every member of her family by name!! Those are some long prayers. She must have knees of steel!















We also had a little fun with our new camera, a mini photo shoot you might say. There were a couple pics I just had to share!




8 comments:

therealmccoy said...

Terina, what a pretty girl you are!

Kalena and Justin said...

See its posts like this that make me miss prescott, and then I remember some of the people and I can be glad I dont live there. but Im glad you guys got to go back to see it, and I love all the pics. By the way has anyone told you how great you look in these. Talk about Hot Mama. The white coat suits you

Heather said...

Congrats on the new camera, you are going to love it! And I agree with Mary, pretty girl!

August and Melissa said...

Hey Terina- It's Melissa! I found your blog thru Sunny= I didn't know you knew Sunny? How you doing?

Sunny Biggs said...

oh all that looks so much fun. i think now ryan and i will have to take a drive up to prescott now! you look so good!

Hilary said...

I love the one with you blowing a kiss or soemthing, it's so cute!!!

shells said...

Those pics are great my dear! I love the one of you and brent (with you in the white coat)

Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

I like the first one the best, cause the exposure is light enough on your faces...the lighting looks good there...nice and even. Looks like you're having fun! :)