Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Cheer!

So I've had a little trouble feeling Christmas cheer this year. Between a puppy wanting to chew everything and all that's going on in life I've just not been feeling it. We decided to not put up a tree! Too late in the game, too much work to pull it out of the back of the storage closet, too much risk of it being destroyed. We also are not going to have presents to put under our tree, we got Christmas early with a beautiful camera, so we'll get a couple things in our stocking and that is all. So instead this is our Christmas tree!





Yes it is as itty bitty as it looks, maybe a foot!! It's one of the funny ones that changes color! Ha cracks me up. If I'm remembering right Brent got it for free at a work party. But it was easy and Rusty is not going to eat it, with it sitting on the counter!

We also put up these decorations, this is all! Hey at least it's something!


We also decorated a gingerbread house. This might be the first time I've ever done this! It was pretty fun. Thank you to Desiree and Royal for the ginger bread house! It was a gift from them when they were here for Thanksgiving, it had a card saying, "here's a house for you guys to say thank you for letting us use your house!" How cute are they!!









Do you not love the Snowman randomly floating in the air, or attached to the wall? Either way you look at it, a little funny!


As I was thinking about my lack of "Christmas Cheer" I realized that even though we didn't have a tree and lights and all that jazz I am still in the "CHRISTmas spirit" Which to me is the most important! I, as always during this time of year, have found Christ to be more at the forefront of my mind. I've been thinking about his miraculous birth, the gift that was first given to all of us, Our Savior, a gift from our Heavenly Father! I've been contemplating ways I can give to those around me rather then what I want. Being in this spirit and mindset Brent and I last night went and delivered some goodies to a few friends. It was raining all last night. We had great fun running from the car to people's doors in the rain. We brought an umbrella, but it staid in the car the whole time! It was so fun to see every one's faces when they opened the door and we were standing there with a plate a goodies and a bit of love and Christmas Spirit for them! My favorite were the kids! The beautiful innocence in them puts me in awe and makes me smile! For our goodies I had gone over to a good friends, Emily's and made some Harvest Loaf and chocolate balls. Baking is much more fun when it is with a friend, which baking is fun to begin with so you can only imagine how much fun we had!!
This was the final results.


In summation we have no real tree, no lights, very sparse decorations, and no presents under the tree. But our home has been filled with Christmas music, the spirit of Christ, giving, love and gratitude! So although it may not look like Christmas, it feels like it!

3 comments:

Just US said...

I love your little tree. He has a lot of personality! Merry Christmas!

Kalena and Justin said...

Getting to talk to you yesterday brightened not only my birthday but also my christmas spirit. You dont need all the bells and whistels you just need those you love. I think you have the holiday spirit in your heart and you bring it to all who know you. Just wish I was closer for some of those goodies.LOL

AZ Larsens said...

J.J. loved it that you guys came over and brought us treats, even though he hid from you guys! Thanks again!