Saturday, December 13, 2008

Where are your reindeer?

Last night I dressed up as Santa for my sisters ward Christmas party. There were so may kids! Each one wanted to see Santa and tell him what they wanted for Christmas. The line formed and each parent wanted to get their kids picture taken with Santa. Almost every boy wanted either a Transformer or a Nintendo DS. Almost every girl wanted a Barbie. The little kids would just gather around and stare. One little girl asked for a Barbie Bake set, only I didn't hear the Bake set part and said, "ok I'll bring you a Barbie." A little while later I saw the girl crying in the corner telling my sister that Santa didn't hear her and is going to bring her a Barbie. She doen't want a Barbie! She wants a Barbie Bake set. So the little girl came back up and clarified what she wanted and went away happy. Another little girl came up and asked for a kitty cat for Christmas. After everything was over she came back up to clarify that she wanted a toy kitty cat, not a real one. Her mom came up too and said she was concerned that Santa would bring her a real one and it would be attacked by the dogs.

4 comments:

What's for dinner? said...

Thanks for coming and doing that! the kids in our ward are pretty funny. I read the letters that some of the kids wrote to santa and they were pretty funny too!

Rochelle and Spencer said...

Sounds like those kids really knew what they wanted. I'm glad I know you have a blog too. Cute pic of New York. I'm so want to go again. Hope you guys had fun.

Kalena and Justin said...

Too Cute! Your so sweet to do that. Isnt it scary how kids know just what they want, I dont ever remember being that indelth when I was their age.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Congrats on your newest calling! Stake Camp Director...you're gonna be busy! Have fun with it!